𝟤𝟥 | 𝒪𝓇𝓉𝒽𝑜 𝒮𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒹

тнє fαямєя'ѕ мαякєт

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔅𝔦𝔯𝔡𝔰 - ℜ𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔫𝔞 𝔖𝔭𝔢𝔨𝔱𝔬𝔯

A/N: Platonic. Also, I apologize to those of you who don't like almond-flavoured things. I grew up on almond stuff, and it always reminds me of fall.

f/s - favourite smell

feat. Idia Shroud

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Y/N hummed quietly as she mulled about the stands, carefully inspecting the goods being offered by the vendors. Some were wonderful handcrafted trinkets, others were selling fruit that had been carefully cultivated and harvested over the growing season that year. The entire market smelled of fresh jams and pies, the hot chocolate stands that were set up every ten stalls, and the fresh fruit that had been pulled in only a few days prior. 

Y/N stopped by a candle stall and quietly perused the selection, thankful that the vendor was otherwise engaged with selling some of his larger candles to another client. Y/N tucked some hair out of her face and bent down to pick up one. She raised rubbed her thumb over the edge and lifted her thumb to her nose, smiling when the scent of f/s filled her nose. It was absolutely delicious. But, she set it down and continued on, her basket swinging from her arm. 

The next stall was selling some scarves and Y/N decided to stop as a f/c one caught her eye. She ran her hand over the fabric, feeling the soft material and admiring the way that the threads shone in the afternoon light. The intricate design eventually managed to intrigue her enough and she handed over the thaumarks to the vendor, taking the scarf and tucking it into her basket. She was already wearing one and didn't need another. It was chilly, not freezing.

Gentle music filled Y/N's ears as she neared the centre of the market. A large stone fountain sat in the centre of the market and Y/N decided to give her feet a break and sat down on the edge. She reached into her basket and pulled out some of the baked goods that she had gotten earlier. The almond croissant was looking extremely delectable. She bit into the end of the puff pastry and hummed in delight as the almond electrified her taste buds, sending her down in a blissful spiral. If only she had bought a hundred more!

Suddenly, there was a loud crash up the lane that she had just come from and her head shot up, curious as to what had made such a racket. To her surprise, a familiar young boy was standing in front of a stall, looking ashamed, his eyes focused in on his "shoes", while an angry old woman shouted at him for knocking over one of her wooden sculptures. Y/N quickly got to her feet, tucking away her croissant for the time being, and sprinted over to the boy.

"-just waltzing through like you own the place," the woman was saying. More like shouting, actually. The entire lot could hear her shouting at the poor boy, and Y/N felt her irritation and fury grow as she neared the woman. And yet, she still managed to keep her head on her shoulders as she addressed the woman.

"Excuse me," Y/N said, glaring at the woman as she picked up the unharmed sculpture. "I would appreciate it if you didn't yell at my brother." She placed her hand on the boy's shoulder and pulled his timid form closer to her, allowing him to throw his arms around her waist and nuzzle into her stomach. She set down the art piece. 

"Well you should keep a better eye on him," the woman shouted. 

Y/N glared at her. "You shouldn't be shouting at him so that the entire market can hear you. And besides, if you don't want things to be knocked over, you shouldn't put them in the middle of the lane." She could feel the boy shaking in her arms, clearly terrified by this woman's anger.