𝟧 | 𝒜𝒸𝑒 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓁𝒶

ℓσѕт ιи тнє ¢σяи мαzє

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔅𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔶 - 𝔗𝔞𝔶𝔩𝔬𝔯 𝔖𝔴𝔦𝔣𝔱

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

"Y/N! Where are you?!"

Y/N snickered as she crouched behind a corner in the corn maze. A pumpkin-headed scarecrow acted as a guard for her, protecting her from her boyfriend's gaze. He emerged from the lane carved out of the corn and looked around the junction, a panicked look on his face. Y/N quickly shot out from her hiding spot and leapt onto Ace's back, nearly sending him to the ground. 

"Ah! Y/N," Ace exclaimed, holding her legs carefully as they wound around his waist, holding her tight to his back as if she was a koala. He smirked when he realised that it was just her and swung her around, careful not to trip over any of the corn that had been scared across the ground. "You scared me!"

"That was the point, dummy," Y/N laughed, still clinging tight to her boyfriend's back. She pecked the back of his head and clambered off of his back, landing with a thud on the ground. 

Before she could run off again, Ace grabbed her and pulled her back, wrapping his arms around her waist and peppering the side of her face with relentless kisses. 

"Ah! Ace," Y/N exclaimed, trying to swat her boyfriend. But Ace was well used to Y/N's antics at this point and was easily able to avoid her, still tickling her with his kisses as they met the space just beneath her chin where she was the most ticklish. 

"Ah," Y/N squealed, trying to get out of her boyfriend's grasp. "Ace! Let me go!" She laughed, tears now streaming down her face. "Ah! Ace! That tickles!"

Ace finally relented, but not before giving her one deep and loving kiss on the lips. "That's the point, sweetheart." 

He released his grip on her waist in favour of holding her hand and the two continued through the maze, Y/N running her hand along the corn, careful not to cut herself on the leaves. All the while, Ace stared at the girl, wondering how he had managed to get a girlfriend as perfect as her. Every now and then, as they walked through the field, he would twirl her around, watching as her smile reflected the sun, her laugh like the coo of a morning dove. 

- Flashback - 

Ace was chasing after Grim, annoyed that the raccoon had once again eaten his food. He had left for half a second to grab a napkin and had come back to find that his deluxe sandwich had been swiped yet again. Neither Deuce nor Yuu had been around to control the furry little creature, and as a result, Grim had given in to the temptation to swipe Ace's food. 

"You never steal their food," Ace shouted, oddly furious at the fur ball.

Grim snickered as he wove beneath the feet, having a much easier time than Ace. He dove through a door just as it was shutting and slid between the crack, disappearing into the room. Ace, however, slammed straight into the door. He felt pain blossom on his nose and he cursed, ripping the door open and shouting for Grim. 

"Grim!"

"Is that who this little raccoon is?" 

Ace felt as though his heart was about burst straight out of his chest. Standing in front of him, her books in one hand, the irritating racoon in the other hand, was a girl who appeared to be a freshman. She seemed less than impressed that the two had burst into the room. Grim seemed less than impressed that he was being held by the scruff of his neck, but he said nothing. Instead, he squirmed in her hand, hoping to slip away before Ace could get his hands on him.