𝟣𝟣 | 𝒥𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑒𝒸𝒽

ριяαтє νѕ ριяαтє

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔄𝔱𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔰 - 𝔖𝔢𝔞𝔣𝔯𝔢𝔱

A/N: MC (Y/N) is a pirate so there will be mentions of alcohol

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Y/N felt restless. The cup in her hand tapped the table in front of her urgently as her leg bounced with equal speed, clearly not used to sitting still. She lifted the glass to her lips and threw back the beverage, wincing when she realised that it wasn't the smooth ale that she was used to. Instead, there was a painful fizz that filled her throat, burning somewhere in her chest as she struggled not to regurgitate the liquid. She glared into the bottom of her cup and set it down on the table, trying not to tap it and pulling her hand back to rest in her lap. 

A shadow passed over her and she glanced up to see a semi-familiar form swimming in the aquarium next to her. The long body of a merman, and a dark streak of hair on the right side of his head. He grinned like a catfish and waved at the girl, swimming down to the bottom of the aquarium where he tapped the glass to get her attention. Y/N gave him a weak smile and nothing more, turning back to the table in front of her. The sight of water wasn't helping anything. 

Her leg started to twitch and she sighed, rising to her feet. She grabbed the glass from the table and headed over to the bar, feeling the need to do something. Or at least walk around to try and get out the restless feeling plaguing her. Oh, how she longed to be back on her ship, ordering her crew around, blasting rivals into oblivion, and stealing ancient treasures. Her legs were used to the constant swaying of the deck, the challenging and daring climb to the crow's nest, and to swinging from one ship to the other as she pillaged passing merchant vessels. She was most certainly not accustomed to the stable ground of land, and the lack of movement made her body tingle unpleasantly. 

Y/N set the empty glass down on the edge of the bar and slid it to the other side, gripping the edge of the counter tightly, her knuckles slowly turning white. She hated this. Her legs needed to move! She needed to do something... anything!

"Y/N?"

The pirate glanced up from the dark countertop and forced a small smile when she saw the boy approaching her. This time, the streak of hair was on the right. This was Jade Leech. The... calmer... Leech twin. The one swimming in the aquarium was Floyd. The... exciteable one. The one who always called her same-chan. Shark. It was one of the nicknames that she allowed, though only Floyd was allowed to call her that. 

"Are you all right, Captain?"

Y/N smirked. The only other nickname that she allowed. Captain. Jade's nickname for her. Because she was the captain. The captain of the Violet Curse anyways. 

"Fine," she gasped out, still clutching the side of the bar. She wasn't. She wanted to be back on her ship, fighting her way through hurricanes, plundering the seaside villages, laughing and dancing through the night with her crew, drinking away the hours at sea...

"Are you sure?"

Y/N glared playfully at her boyfriend. No. She most certainly was not fine. And he could see it clear as day that she wasn't. 

"No."

Jade normally would have laughed, or at least chuckled at the plight of others. He wasn't often concerned with the state of others, whether they be stressed with an upcoming exam, worried that they had made a deal with the Azul Ashengrotto, or cheerful because something out of the ordinary had happened. The only one he was really concerned about was himself, and by extension, Floyd. But upon meeting Y/N, he quickly discovered that there was one more person that he was desperately concerned about.