𝟤𝟤 | 𝒮𝑒𝒷𝑒𝓀 𝒵𝒾𝑔𝓋𝑜𝓁𝓉

¢σσкιєѕ αи∂ ι¢ιиg

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔬𝔫 𝔞 ℭ𝔯𝔬𝔰𝔰 - 𝔊𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔱

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Sebek didn't know how to cook, let alone how to bake. He stared at the recipe in front of him, glaring at the pages as if he was hoping to incinerate them merely by staring at the pages. But, no such burning occurred and he let out a sigh, turning next to the ingredients that he had somehow managed to find. It had taken him nearly an hour alone just to find everything that was now piled on the counters. He had thought that the sugar would have been up in one of the higher cupboards, but he found out after that it was kept near the bottom of the shelf in a large container. Eggs turned out to be in the fridge rather than the pantry. And he had nearly overturned the entire kitchen looking for the tiny bottle of vanilla extract that someone had tucked into the very back of the pantry, well out of eyesight. 

"Now what," he muttered, an irked look plastered on his face. He picked up the book and read the first instruction. 

In a medium-sized bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

Sebek frowned. "What?" He picked up the butter and stared at it. What did the book mean by "cream"? The few times that he had seen people bake, they usually used a mixer. That's what it was called... right? A mixer? A... stand mixer? Or was it a hand-held... He dropped the butter back onto the counter, along with the book, and knelt down. He pulled open the door to the cupboard below the counter and frowned into the darkness, looking for the machine that he had seen the others use. 

Once he had found it, he set it on the counter and plugged it into the outlet. Then, he turned his attention back to the recipe. Now he just had to figure out the rest of it...

1 cup butter, softened

"What do you mean softened?! It was in the fridge!"

Beat in milk and vanilla.

"Ah!"

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Y/N stepped through the Diasomnia mirror and shivered as a freezing breeze embraced her. She snarled at the wind, not so quietly ordering it to go and pester some other student, and started walking towards the castle. She always felt extremely out of place walking through the dark dorm, especially since she was from one as warm as Scarabia. The two seemed to be exact opposites of each other! 

As she entered the castle, she was met with the familiar scene of Lilia hanging upside down from the rafters, a book clutched in his hands. 

"Lilia," Y/N called as she entered the dorm, kneeling by the roaring fire in hopes of warming herself up. She wished that she had stolen one of Sebek's hoodies when she last visited him. Her desert clothes weren't nearly warm enough for the freezing dorm.

"Yes, beastie," Lilia asked, reappearing by her side. 

"Do you know where Sebek is? I can't find him anywhere." She had expected to find Sebek in the library as they usually met up there once their classes were finished, but today, he wasn't there. He wasn't out by the stables either, even though he had and club meeting after school. He didn't seem to be anywhere.

Lilia gestured over his shoulder. "He went into the kitchen a few hours ago, but I don't know if he left. Maybe check in there." The fae disappeared once more, leaving Y/N to roll her eyes and head in the direction of the Diasomnia kitchen.