𝟣𝟩 | 𝐸𝓅𝑒𝓁 𝐹𝑒𝓁𝓂𝒾𝑒𝓇

тнє ѕιмρℓє тнιиgѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔜𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 - ℭ𝔬𝔩𝔡𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔶

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

The air was thick with the smell of the autumn sun. The chilling scent that filled your nose, carrying with it the embers of a fire and the crispness of ripe fruit, waiting to be harvested. Figs that hung from the high branches, skin a beautiful bruised colour as they seemed to ooze juice, their sweet scent dancing on the breeze. Grapes that hung on the vines, pulling the entire plant down with their weight, ready to be harvested and turned into the finest wine that would be sold across the world. And of course, apples. The beautiful fruits of red and green that clung to the branches like glittering jewels, waiting to be plucked, falling gently into the hands of those who harvested them. 

It was one of Epel's favourite times of year. When the first frost started to show on the ground, decorating the leaves with tiny spikes of ice that glimmered like diamonds, quickly chased away by the still-beating sun. The perfect mixture of hot and cold. The time of year when one could still dress as though it was summer, though the lingering chill often chased people back into their houses where they quickly warmed up with hot chocolate and a blanket. 

But there was one thing that made the day even better. Y/N, his beautiful, stunning, caring, witty, girlfriend was coming to visit for the day. And as the sun rose into the sky, shining down on the orchard, Epel smiled as he heard the familiar sound of a motorcycle pulling up, its engine roaring with the sound of thunder, its wheels crackling against the gravel path. He pulled down one last apple, rubbing his thumb over the perfect ruby skin, before placing it in his basket and carefully climbing down the ladder. He picked up the basket and hugged it close, starting up the hill towards his house. The motorcycle engine had died a bit, but Epel could still hear it as it pulled up next to his house. The f/c exterior glinted in the morning light, and as the rider got off, Epel felt his heart skip a beat, nearly dropping the basket of apples in the process. All he wanted to do was run up the hill and embrace... her

As he continued up the hill, fighting his impulse to forget everything and run, he heard the voice of his grandmother at the door. She had most likely heard the engine as well and had recognised it in a matter of seconds. Few people visited them, and only one who drove a motorcycle.

"Well, if it ain't Y/N Schoenheit!" Epel smiled at the voice of his grandmother.

"Nice to see you again, Mrs Felmier," Y/N said, pulling the f/c helmet from her head and shaking out her tresses. Thank goodness for Vil's enchantments that had prevented her helmet from ever giving her hat head. Or helmet head. A Schoenheit with helmet hair? Vil would have a fit. And though Y/N never saw how beauty could be the most important feature in a person, she was willing to appreciate Vil's gift. It was his way of allowing her to drive a motorcycle after all. 

"Darlin', how many times have I told you to just call me Grandma?" 

"Sorry, Ma'am," Y/N smirked, pulling off her jacket and tossing it over the seat. "Vil's lectures have paid off I'm afraid."

"That boy," the elderly Felmier laughed, her stormy curls bouncing as she laughed. It wasn't the sort of laugh that Vil often displayed. The sort of laugh where he would cover his mouth as he tossed his head back, careful that his hair remained in place. No, it was the full and deep laugh that rolled over someone like a warm blanket, and the sort of laugh that came from a grandmother who dreamed of spoiling you rotten. 

Y/N rolled her eyes, though she agreed with Epel's grandmother. Her brother could be a bit of a handful sometimes. 

"Y/N!"