𝟣 | 𝐸𝓃𝓂𝒶 𝒴𝓊𝓊𝓀𝑒𝓃

ѕєєкιиg мσσиℓιgнт

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔚𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 - 𝔈𝔯𝔲𝔱𝔞𝔫

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

The moon was always brightest in the season of autumn. Or at least, that's what the Nautman believed. And as she stood beneath the moon, shining down on the Night Raven College castle, Y/N was reminded of the times that she spent, dancing in the caverns with her brother, sometimes sneaking out to the beach so she could see the moon for herself rather than being confined to the stone caves and tunnels. 

A cool wind wrapped around Y/N, causing a shiver to run down her spine, subconsciously pulling her robe closer to herself. The fabric was soft to the touch and Y/N sighed as her fingers traced the emblem of her school that had been embroidered over the heart. Vil had requested that Crewel design the robe specifically for Y/N after finding out that she had no clothes of her own. Y/N had offered to pay Vil and Crewel back once she returned to her kingdom, but they had refused, saying that it was just their way of helping a "darling little princess". Y/N still planned on paying them back once she were able to get her hands on the rare Nautman gems that grew like weeds in the caverns. 

'If there are still any there,' Y/N thought bitterly, glancing down at the ring on her finger. Once it had glowed bright with the runes of her people. Now... She sighed as she stared at the weak glow that seemed to flicker every few seconds. Now... the runes only glowed when they were in the pure light of a full moon, and even then, it was only a fraction of the ethereal glow that it had once had. 

Y/N clutched her hand tight and pressed it to her forehead, leaning over on the windowsill, her arms pressing into the cool stone. Painful memories of the night of her escape flooded her mind, as they did every night of a full moon. Always more vivid than the distracted daydreams that might plague her. Sometimes, it seemed as though she was walking in one of her nightmares, reliving the events of that day, though watching them from an outside perspective. As if she was another of the Nautman, fighting against the Sollut, though knowing that they would never be able to hold them back from defeating the Nautmans. 

A tear slipped from Y/N's eye, stealing away down her cheek, running with the runes that had once glowed as bright as the stars above, shining with a sign of her magic. Now they had fallen to a stable glow that was hardly visible at night, let alone during the sun when the sun, her mortal enemy, blocked out every bit of her glow, causing both her and her brother to forget their magic. Another tear fell as she remembered the feeling of the moon coursing through her veins, enhanced by the Lunex stone that she always wore. Her hand lifted, as if by instinct, and brushed the space between her collar bones where the pendant should have sat. 

"Y/N?"

Y/N flinched as she heard a sudden voice, but relaxed when she realised that it was just the voice of her boyfriend, Enma Yuuken. The strange boy that had appeared at the Night Raven College welcome ceremony the same day as her and her brother, along with the strange cat that had finally found his own spot to sleep for the nights that Y/N slept over at Ramshackle Dorm. All it had taken were a few mushy moments between the two lovers and Grim had opted to sleeping next to the fire down in the lobby. Or one of the many unoccupied dorms around the dorm.

"Go back to sleep," Y/N whispered, folding her hands over each other, subconsciously rubbing the rune at the base of her palm. A nervous habit that she had since she was born. Her brother did the same, though with the rune on the back of his neck, just underneath his hairline. Just like many of the rare Nautman twins, the two were similar in many ways, though just different enough that you could identify one from the other.