Prologue - Tenebrous

Start from the beginning

Sighing, he threw the pen, aiming for the desk, for it to just instead go over it and land somewhere on the floor. He'd just leave the pen and get the fuck out of here. He didn't enjoy being in the man's office at all. He'd rather be teleported into the middle of the ocean.

America turned around and slammed the door shut, not bothering to look behind him as he walked away. There was no reason to.

-----

Winter was slowly approaching.

The trees were beginning to shed. Leaves scattered across the ground, all of them were a variation of orange or red, their edges facing different levels of degradation, resulting in them turning into a dark shade of brown. Most of them piled up on the other side of a black metal fence that separated a park from the street, but some leaves had managed to make it past that barrier and onto the stone pavement. And there was actually a surprising amount, to the point that it would make someone feel bad for whoever had to sweep them all up.

"Thank god I'm not that guy." Australia joked as he thought of the idea.

He continued to walk down the sidewalk, his phone in hand, which was displaying a map. He currently was in another area of Anderterra that he was not familiar with. It was for some sort of three-day vacation with New Zealand. There was no reason for this vacation, they just wanted to take a rest from everything else that was happening back at home. There wasn't exactly anything bad happening, it's just that both of them felt a bit overwhelmed from both the amount of work they had, to the chaotic events that happened from time to time. Like Poland's pranks, which were beginning to grow more and more intense.

Unfortunately, that vacation was a day from ending. So both Australia and New Zealand just decided that they would just spend the last day hanging out at some peaceful areas before returning. He really didn't want to head back again, dealing with other people screaming at his ear about being unable to do much of his work (even if the deadline was weeks away) because he just couldn't understand what he was meant to do, to Canada's extremely passive aggressive replies whenever he asked a question cause apparently, the other man he thought he was joking even if his question was a genuine one, and to America's terrible jokes.

People there thought he was an idiot. Simply because he asked questions that he "should've known the answers to."

Australia cleared his head from those thoughts, instead, focusing on finding his way to the café where he meant to meet New Zealand in. He turned a corner and scanned the area, his eyes darted from building to building until he laid his eyes on one. He quickly glanced down at his phone then back up, and quietly cheered to himself. He had finally found the café. Usually, He wouldn't be this happy when he located something, he'd just simply shrug and walk over to it. But here? It would be difficult from the cramped buildings and all. The moment he got here, he assumed that it would be a pain to navigate as a tourist like him.

It was just a minor inconvenience though. Everything else about the place was nice. The street was beautiful, its reds, browns, peaches, and other colors really breathed life into the place, it gave it color.

He quickly peered into the windows and marveled at the sight, it looked so warm and welcoming. It looked lovely. He attempted to shrug off his excitement at seeing the place and pushed the door, suddenly everything looked even better on the inside. The ceiling was a spherical shape. On the edges of the circular roof were four pillars, all were elegantly carved patterns. These pillars intercepted the circle and were evenly spaced from each other. A large lantern hung on the highest point, and a small fire glowed from the inside, encased by a smooth glass. Its foundations and cap were a deep black, both reflected the light of the small flame. He continued to look around. Multiple shelves were attached to the wall, all were a beautiful cream color. Many pots and plants rested on these shelves, some with simple designs, like a single stripe, and some with sophisticated designs, truly a work of art.