121

"She totally has the hots for Mr Abruzzi," Yasmeen giggled.

Mikail chuckled heartily. "How's it going with him?" he pondered. "Getting serious?"

"Things didn't work out between us," I muttered quickly, wanting them to leave the subject alone and speak about something else that wouldn't involve speaking about him. "So I don't really wanna talk about it."

Yasmeen folded her arms awkwardly, furrowing her eyebrows, looking guilty.

"I'm so sorry babe, I didn't know," she mumbled. She opened her mouth to speak, as if she was about to ask what had gone wrong, but then she closed it again, sensing that I was upset, and I didn't want to tell them what had happened. I was glad that she respected my wishes and my boundaries.

"That's too bad," Mikail shrugged, sympathizing with me. "I hope you move on and learn to let go of the feelings that you had for him. But there's plenty more fish in the sea. Don't stress over one fish out of millions."

"Yeah, I guess," I replied awkwardly, because the advice he'd just given me was pretty fucking shit. It was stupid how he was telling me not to stress when I could have other men, because the only man I fucking wanted was Donte in the first place. No other man had interested me so far.

"Well, that killed the mood," Yasmeen sighed exhaustedly. "Let's go to the mall, have some retail therapy."

I giggled in response, doing my best to force a smile on my face, lighten the mood and appear stronger than I really was.

"I'd love that," I shrugged neutrally.

"Let's go," Mikail agreed, as he finished his last chicken wing, dusted himself off and called the waitress for the bill.

After we paid the bill, we walked out of the takeaway, and made our way down to the mall.

We walked into Forever 21, and started to browse through the different clothing on the rails. Yasmeen dragged me and Mikail over to the dresses section, flicking through her phone to look for the designs that she wanted to try on in store. Mikail sighed exhaustedly, knowing that women were a fucking pain in the ass when it came to shopping, because we were so indecisive with what we wanted to buy.

"I'm gonna go over to the men's section," he said, with his hands on his hips. "You girls have fun."

He blew out a sigh as he walked away, and I couldn't help but to laugh. Yasmeen waved at him, and then began flicking through the different dresses on the rails. Long-sleeved floor-length maxi dresses in hundreds of different beautiful colours, from red, to pink, to blue, to yellow, to red. I rubbed my chin in thought, as I looked through the outfits. None of the clothes really stood out to me, and they weren't really my style. But I knew that they would look beautiful on Yasmeen. She was a queen. She was Muslim, so she dressed modestly anyway, but in dresses like these, she would be modest in style and still look better than me with half of my clothes off.

"I'm gonna try some of these clothes on, babe," she grinned. "Any of them stand out to you?"