38

17

maya

Me, Maisie and Millie were at the bar area inside of the club. I bought myself a Vodka Cranberry, Millie had a Whisky, and Maisie had a Gin and Tonic. We sipped on our cups as we allowed the alcohol to coarse through our body, and the loudness of the music to roar in our ears. The song that was playing was In Da Club by 50 Cent, so it was safe to say, I was definitely in rave mode.

"I've got my eyes on a hottie on the dance floor," Maisie giggled. "I'm gonna go and ask him to dance. Don't wait up for me."

Millie let out a chuckle.

"Okay babe!" I exclaimed, as Maisie began strutting away from us.

It had been so long since I'd come to a party, just to drink and enjoy myself.

It felt good...

To spend time with friends, and not always have to be on job.

And this alcohol was giving me the confidence that I needed...

I felt all of my insecurities wash away.

All of the doubts that I had,

All the worries about my bruise being visible...

And to forget about life in Washington.

I actually felt normal.

Like a normal citizen.

And this was a feeling that I didn't know I'd been craving for so long.

Millie dusted herself off, as she sipped the last sips of her drink, and then tossed the cup to the side.

"I think I've had enough to drink," beamed Millie. "I'm gonna go over to the bathroom to freshen myself up, babe."

I rubbed my chin in thought, putting my own drink to the side.

"Do you wanna come with me, or will you be alright waiting here?" Millie shrugged.

"I'll be fine babe," I reassured her, smiling. "Don't worry about me."

Millie nodded in response, and began walking away from me. I leaned over to get my cup again.

"I'd go easy on the drink," came a coy, deep, raspy voice, "or you're gonna have one hell of a hangover tomorrow."

I scratched my arm nervously, biting my lip as I looked up to see who it was.

Out of nowhere, Donte had approached me.

I was not expecting him to be here...

"Mr Abruzzi!" I said sheepishly, flushing bright pink. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just passing by," Donte said coyly, "and thought I'd grab a drink with my brothers. Believe it or not, I do enjoy having a social life every now and then."

I let out an appreciative giggle. "You work so hard, I would've never guessed it."

Donte chuckled, taking steps closer to me so that there was hardly any space between us, causing my heart to hammer against my chest into a frenzy. "I told you I'm not such a big bad wolf."