44: Is it wrong??

Sirius,I apologize for walking out on everyone that day

Sirius,
I apologize for walking out on everyone that day. I know I made a mistake and you were right I've ruined everyone's life. But I won't do it again because I'm not returning back. It's better if I stay away from everyone. From you, from Harry, from the order, it's best for everyone.

I just want to let you know, the reason why I twisted the truth, it's complicated and a whole new mess which I don't want to drag you into. I hope you'll be happy now and safe. And I really love you but I can't do this anymore. Once again I'm truly sorry.

Josette.

Sirius turned the envelope upside down and an engagement ring fell into his hands, her engagement ring.

"What does it says, Sirius?? And why is her ring in your hand." Remus asked, though he knew what this meant but he was hoping that Sirius will say it's not what it looks like and that she is fine and she is coming back.

One week since Josette walked out of the meeting and no one heard from her until now. Remus went to James and Harry, hoping she would be there. He told James everything from the trial to her quitting the Order.

Harry was kept in the dark about everything, he didn't even knew that Josette was arrested and that she had a trail and nothing about her statement which declared Harry do be a liar. Obviously he is curious and he asks James about it but he just changes the topic or says that he doesn't have to worry about it and ends the conversation there.

James is mad at Sirius for how he reacted to this whole situation. He agrees with Molly, it's her personal life and if she doesn't want to tell anyone, it's her choice. Though he is also slightly angry with Josette, she shouldn't have lied. Not because Harry's reputation was on line but because it was wrong to lie in front of the jury.

And as for Sirius he was already feeling guilty at the meeting after Molly scolded everyone. But this time he was determined to not back down. He hoped everyday that Josette will walk in through that door, apologize and tell everything. But after reading this letter his hope and heart both shattered into million pieces.

"She's not coming back. I lost her." Sirius whispered looking at the ring in his hand. "Rem..." he turned back to his friend "I lost her." He sobbed.

"Sirius." Remus's eyes to teard up and he pulled his broken friend into a hug.

"Why would she do this??" He asked "Why it's always me who is wrong??"

"No, no. We'll talk to her. She's not leaving you, she just need some time to think over. You didn't loose her, Sirius." Remus rubbed his back "She loves you so much. She can never be away from you."

"But-"

"She waited for you for 12 years. Do you really think one stupid, little fight is going to come between you two??"

Sirius shook his head.

"Give her some time off. Give yourself some time off." Remus whispered.

Sirius stopped crying and wiped off his tears. "You are right. But I'm telling you, I won't apologize this time." He sternly said.