41: We won.

Josette was on the deck with Fury, Tony and Steve

Josette was on the deck with Fury, Tony and Steve. They suffered a lot of damage, all their data on the tesseract was gone and Thor is missing and Banner is missing, Loki broke out, basically they are fucked up.

Josette witnessed another death today, Phil Coulson died stopping Loki. She didn't knew him for long but he was a good man.

"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heros."

Tony abruptly stood up hearing this and walked out of the room. Josette too got up and followed him. "Hey, you okay??" She caught up on him.

"Fantastic." He replied sarcastically.

"I'm sorry." Josette mumbled. She had no idea where he was going, she just kept following him. They got into the same room Loki was kept and where Coulson died. "He was your friend??"

"Kind of."

Josette sat down on the railing her legs dangling in the air. Tony's eyes where fixed on the spot where Loki was supposed to be. After a few minutes Steve came. "Was he married?"

"No. There was a cellist, I think." Tony replied.

"I'm sorry, he seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot." Tony said.

"Why? For believing?" Steve retorted.

"For taking on Loki alone. He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have-"

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony." Steve cut him off.

And Josette was sitting there watching them quarrel like a 5-year-old watchs cartoon.

"Right, I've heard that before." Tony scoffed.

"Is this the first time you lost a soldier?"

"We are not soldiers."

"Guys!" Josette groaned "Instead of fighting can we try to find a way to Loki?? I think that's more important."

"I'm not marching to Fury's fife." Tony said.

"Neither are we." Josette stood up.
"He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does." Steve added. "But right now we got to put that behind us and get this done."

"He made it personal." Tony said suddenly realizing something.

"That's not the point."

"That's the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why? He has to take us out to win, right??" That's what he wants."

"Where are you going with this??" Josette asked having no idea what he is talking about.

"He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience." Tony added.