Chapter 16

{I'm back with a new chapter! It has certainly been a while since I updated. Sorry for the looong wait, everyone, unto the story!}

"Listen to me, you git" Cid snarled through the screen. " Calm big sister down if ya don't want a typhoon coming at ya!" he added.

Steven on the other hand was already by the female hybrid's side.

"It's ok, It's ok, sh, sh" Steven whispered, rubbing his hand on her back in comfort.

Our poor Y/n was hyperventilating, the sky was covered with grey clouds, chunks of ice have started to fall down the ground, fast. Everyone in the room noticed the phenomenon.

"HOLY... what the hell?!" Jorge bellowed, as he observed the scenery outside. Every head in the room whipped to the young half-gems .{I hear you readers ;)}. Garnet who was usually composed and calm had sweat running down her forehead. As we all know, our reliable and strong Garnet can see futures. And what is about to come down will be HELL.

////

"We got 'em, boss. " the male voice informed the man on the other line of the telephone.
"Good, good. " the said man cackled in glee as he hung up the phone.

"You can't hide forever, little girl" he grinned menacingly, as he looked at a file of a h/c haired smiling. And some other stolen shots from two years ago.

////

"Calm-" Steven tried to sooth the female teen, who was pacing the room they were currently in. A frustrated and panicked expression was plastered on her now pale face. If her face was pale after hearing the recent news, her face is literally drained of all colour now, per say.

"Blue, sweetheart, calm down, everything is ok" Steven soothed poor Y/n, rubbing her shoulders in a comforting manner. Everyone else in the room was observing the interaction between the two hybrids in mixed expressions, mainly in worry.

"CALM!" The h/c haired female hybrid shrieked. Her eyes glowed a dangerous blue, as the clouds above grew even more dark and menacing, with thunder and lightning to accompany it. As everyone flinched at the sudden outburst."YOU CANNOT..." Y/N  took a deep breaths, and exhaled through her nose to stabilise her temper. "Listen" she put a hand in between her nose bridge. "If they come here, they will hurt and destroy possibly everything that keeps me from their clutches. Hide me here, and they will harm all of you"she continued, giving everyone a glance, finally settling her view on the wooden floor, as hot tears were threatening to spill.

"Don't say that" Jorge started. "We literally have awesome gems surrounding us in Beach city, literally!" He said as if it was obvious, which it is considering their situation now. " He's right,  N/n, this place is filled to the brim of you guys, none of those bastards stand a chance" Twitchelle added in reassurance.

"Whatever comes your way, we will get through it" Garnet told the female half- gem. Smiles of reassurance were shown on their faces. "She's right, besides it's Garnet we talkin' about, and if  Garnet says it's cool then it's cool" Amethyst said, scratching her head.

Y/n sighed. "If anything gets out of hand, promise me you all stay safe, for my sake" she pleaded as she took the male half-gem's hand in her own.

"But-"

"Steven, they only want me, and if they get their filthy hands on the other gems who knows what they'll do" the female teen cut him off, desperation evident in her e/c colored eyes.

Steven hesitated. How could he? An amazing woman is in danger, and someone like him no less. He can't just put her in harm's way, knowing no good will come if he had. This girl right in front of him is as special as any treasure the universe can offer, and she is standing right there in front of him. And someone, whoever they are, are threatening her safety and her happiness. No. He will not let that happen. He will protect her. No matter how risky it will be, he will take it.

After all he isn't Steven Universe for nothing, and he has been through a lot since childhood, he can go for another round for his fair lady.

[√ I am back with a brand new chapter, finally, sorry to keep you guys waiting. Hope you all enjoy the story.]✓