"Don't even speak about that bitch!" I yelled in indignation and punched Gabriel, straight in the jaw. He doubled over, looking at me in confusion, wondering why I would even dare punch someone so great as him.

"Now you've done it! Venusaur, get 'em!" He yelled and threw his pokeball. The light faded, revealing a quadrupedal, amphibian-like creature with bumpy blue-green skin, red eyes, and a large, pink, white-spotted flower that was held by a thick brown trunk.

"Venusaur!" the Venusaur roared.

"Use Power Whip!" Gabriel cried.

The Venusaur looked at me with a furious look. I wasn't worried. Instead, I smiled at it knowingly.

Suddenly, the Venusaur's expression changed, before beginning to run after me, as if it was about to attack. But it didn't. Instead, it nuzzled my leg, looking happy.

That was thing with pokemon—most seemed to love me, for whatever reason. I would simply walk near them, and they would come after me, showing me affection. It was honestly hell, but in situations like these, it really helped.

"Venusaur, not again!" Gabriel complained. This happened a lot, but the moron can't seem to get it. He seriously believed that one day, his Venusaur would surely attack.

He scowled at me with burning hatred, before looking behind him. "Why are you guys just standing there! Get that bastard!" as soon as he said that, his group of goons, who were for some reason silent today, started throwing their pokeballs.

"Go Flareon!"

"Go Vaporeon!"

"Go Jolteon!"

The three pokemon in question were about to attack me, but like the Venusaur, their expression changed, and then they started to nuzzle me. I hated having so many pokemon around me. I really wanted to kick them away, but I had to resist, as I wanted to prove a point.

"You said you were going to pulverize me at lunch, right? Well, if you want more than a punch, then I dare you to try! You can't do much without your little pokemon, can you?" I taunted with an annoying smile. I loved pissing him off.

His face turned red in anger, "Fine! Return, Venusaur." He held out Venusaur's pokeball, which shot a bluish-white beam of light that hit Venusaur, which then retracted back inside the pokeball. "Just you wait, Poke-Hater!"

That was my nickname, as crappy as it was. I was seen as the Poke-Hater. That was the reason why they hated me—because I hated their oh so magnificent creatures. What a bunch of losers, honestly.

All the other students watching the fight looked at me like I punched their grandmothers, but I payed them no mind. The day was getting worse and worse, and I just wanted to get it over with.

A couple minutes later, the school gates finally opened, and every student went inside, going to their first period.

I had Pokemon Biology, which was literally the most pointless class. We didn't know much about them, anyway. Imagine the most basic, surface-level parts of a human. Now imagine those fundamentals as an entire class. You're pretty close to what we do. We were tested on our pokemon biological knowledge. Basic things, like how many tails a Ninetails has (it's literally in the name), what Venusaur does with sunlight, how Meowth uses the coin on its head to defend itself, etc. Honestly, even a preschooler could ace the final exam.

Second period was Pokemon History (I swear, the education system is so terrible), and we were tested on how the first pokedex was made, how pokemon were used in many wars, and how pokemon and people started to live in harmony. Apparently, some kid fell out of the sky and started solving problems during the ancient era of Sinnoh, when it was named Hisui. He or she (no one knew if they were male or female) was the main reason why humans now have a greater understanding about pokemon, and why we are able to live alongside them. Despite my dislike for pokemon, their history is somewhat interesting.