Chapter 5: Home of The Fools

Start from the beginning

When I came up with no sight of Danny, I felt myself beginning to boil again at though of where he may be and who he may be with. I wanted to try and look for him, but I didn't know how I was gonna do it without Splendor, since he knows who Danny runs off with.

I decided to take a chance and use the magic I was granted in the first place. I run back upstairs and grab the pack of transformation cards that I had left on my dresser, then I flip the riddler chain out of my shirt to rest atop of my clothes.

"Time to have a little bit of fun," I mutter to myself, feeling a bit excited about trying this out again. I pull out a card from the back and try the stepping method this time, throwing the card down onto the ground and stepping upon it. Immediately, the riddler chain flashes with light and I'm quickly transformed into the same disguise I had tested out before. I felt all my senses, energy—everything felt enhanced, and I held my head as I uncontrollably erupted into a fit of laughter.

My chain flashes again which catches my attention, and suddenly a spark shoots out from the piece of metal onto the ground. The spark bursts into a cloud of smoke and thence after the smoke faded, I saw a very confused and panicked SplendorMan standing there.

Oh, and he was even wearing pajamas this time—how fun.

"(Y/—I mean, Riddler?? Why are you using your magic now??" He questioned—he was shaky and frantic as if he had just woken up. "My little brother's gone! And I'm sure one of your killer friends ran off with him!" I responded enthusiastically for some reason.

"Oh...just my luck..." Splendor sighed heavily, rubbing his forehead, "Well, I guess there's no better time than now! Since your brother is most likely with one of the others, this will be a good time to take you along and bring you to the House of Splendor. That way, everyone can meet you and you can start working your way up to the plan of saving Danny!"

I nodded my head eagerly at this, and Splendor suddenly grabbed ahold of my arm. He pulls me out of my room and we walk—literally walk straight through the walls of the house, phasing right through into the outside.

"First, I will lead you to the entrance. That way, whenever I'm not around to simply teleport you, you will know how to get there on your own," Splendor explained as he led me down the streets. I nodded to this, however I wondered if the two of us could be seen in plain sight—well, mostly him since he's the one that isn't even humane.

Me and Splendor walk for a while and the air around us grows colder and fog starts to become more imminent around us. However, my costume seems to be resistant to the change in temperature, so I remain just fine.

The fog is a little hard to navigate through however, so I keep my eyes glued to the back of Spelndor's colorful nightclothes. Looking up, I can see the tops of countless trees that were probably surrounding us. Was he leading me into the woods?

After a long time of walking, I see a familiar looking structure in the distance. It looks like an abandoned carousel...

 It looks like an abandoned carousel