Chapter 40 Fight for Ukraine Arc

"Sergeant Jonas! It's Huan, he's...he's still breathing!" Leon called.

Leon quickly pulled Huan out the rubble. As John Price put him on his back.

"Huan! Keep breathing man, your gonna be okay!" Leon encouraged.

"How is he?" Selena asked.

"He's breathing, his whole body fucked up, but still breathing" John Price said.

"Thank god!" Mikolaj sighed in relief.

"Good, I'm gonna call an attack chopper, and we'll leave and finish the two other buildings tomorrow" Sergeant Jonas said. 

But out of nowhere. Elias came from behind, and tried stabbing Sergeant Jonas with a knife. Sergeant Jonas was quicker to react, as he put his hand out as defense, but as a result the knife went straight through his hand.

"What the hell do you think your doing Elias!?" Sergeant Jonas looked at Elias's face, and saw nothing but anger.

"Like fuck we're leaving! It's your fault Jermija's dead and Huan's barely breathing! It was your call, don't you ever forget! We're not leaving until Ivanov and Makorov are dead!"

"Elias! Watch what you say to the Sergeant" Selias said.

"Your right, it was my call, I'm...I'm sorry" Sergeant Jonas said in a weak and sad tone.

"'Sorry' isn't gonna bring Jermija back!" Elias shouted, pushing the knife even deeper into his hand.

"Trust me Elias, I wanna avenge them just as much as you do, but we have to be smart about this, your letting your anger get the best of you" Sergeant Jonas explained, pushing Elias back and pulling the knife out his hand.

Just as he said this an attack chopper was starting to come there way. 

"Sergeant, did you already called the chopper ahead of time?" Selena asked.

Sergeant Jonas took a closer look at the chopper.

"Shit everyone down now, that's not our chopper!" Sergeant Jonas commanded as the helicopter started coming towards them fast.

Everyone ducked as the helicopter flew extremely close to the ground. The chopper flew straight over there heads, but as the chopper passed Leon, Ivan hung from the side of the helicopter, grabbing Leon by the back of his vest, flying off with him.

"Leon! I got you!" Sergeant Jonas exclaimed, running for Len and jumping reach him, but he just missed him arm by a inch.

Sergeant Jonas looked up as the chopper flew away with Leon.

"DAMN IT!" Sergeant Jonas yelled into the distance.

"What's the plan now Sergeant?" Koji asked.

"I-I..." Sergeant Jonas stuttered looking down at the ground in defeat.

"Shit. Shit! SHIT! This operation has gone to shit now! The whole 8th Team is dead! Jermija's dead! And one of our strongest is out of commission!" Sergeant Jonas thought. Sergeant Jonas then took a deep breathe. "No Jonas, get out your own head, your a Sergeant now, you have to stop with those insecurities already. You have to stay calm, brave, and strong for the Private's"

A vision appeared in Sergeant Jonas's mind. Him, as a 10 or 11 year old, stood over a dead women, pistol in hand.

"Okay everyone, head back to the building we settled at last night! We sleep there for the night! Sergeant Jonas commanded.