─Chapter Twenty Two

Story: The Titans of Secrets
Chapter Twenty Two: The Battle

As suspected by Dragonfly, the shields defending Hogwarts shattered in a beautiful display of bokehs due to continuous firing and club hammering. The crowd charged in like angry bulls only to face several various consequences.

Half the confused trolls were stopped by questioning illusions of students who asked difficult arithmancy problems, a masterpiece of Flitwick, the Charms professor. The rest of them had their own clubs hit themselves, courtesy of a grinning Shade.

The air was knocked out of the giants by attacking armoured soldiers transfigured to trip them and slash the backs of the beasts with their swords. Dragonfly knew McGonagall had outdone herself this time.

A burning decotion of a green, putrid potion filled in a mini puddle gave several splinters which sent them crying. God knew what Shade and Snape mixed to get such a nasty looking (and acting) concoction.

The men, although less in number, were the toughest to fight off. Dumbledore and Remus were the only ones among the staff sparring magically as the rest of the team was busy with bringing down the trolls and giants. Dragonfly was in action as well, trying her best to fend off the incoming crowd of people. She caught a strange movement in the Forbidden forest but disregarded it as Dumbledore configured a silver fog which blinded several of the fighters.

Stopping the firing for a moment, she looked around trying to find the difference between the shadows of an ally and a foe. Suddenly, the mist dissipated and a giant spirit bird ambushed the enemies. Dragonfly gave a nod to Dumbledore as he had provided an effective distraction for the allies to take a mini break.

They kept fighting for minutes or maybe even hours on end. Fortunately for them, the aurors and hit wizards arrived when her energy levels started running really low.

The battle waged on and Dragonfly fought fiercely, in order to prove her potential to herself. She felt the confidence inside her growing steadily with each successful hex. Shade was busy helping the other staff but that did not deter her from being unstoppable. At last, the waging war came to a conclusive end with the Hogwartians prevailing.

Dragonfly pinned a masked man to the ground and pointed her want at him. "Who sent you here? Answer lest you want to witness the end of your life!" she growled. The man squirmed under her grip.

"I can't say!"

"Then prepare to face a brutal curse."

"N-no! It was. . . It was my Master!"

"Doesn't he have a name?! Where is he?!"

"Right on these grounds as we talk," The man's lips turned to a smirk before he grimaced with the weight of Dragonfly's boot on his chest.

"What is his name?!" she screamed at his face.

He looked scared before giving in. "Master Confusion and Master Gel!" he surrendered. Before Dragonfly could question about Gel and his whereabouts, the man screamed in agony. Terror seized him and he shook violently. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and his breathing stopped. Shocked, Dragonfly let go of him and stepped back.

"Unbreakable vow," Dumbledore's voice said from behind her. She turned around and looked at him. His face was grave, contorted in hidden worry. He looked at her sadly. "I'm afraid, the time's nearing, Dragonfly."

______________

"Will you leave me or not?!"

"Not until I have had a word with you, no!" Dragonfly snorted. Shade was forcibly pulling her along with him to a secluded spot. Once they reached the far side of the bloody grounds, he spoke, "What were you thinking leaving at such an appropriate time?!"