─Chapter Twelve

Story: The Titans of Secrets
Chapter Twelve: The First Rebel

The dawn sunk with the sky turning a gentle blue. The excited chatters of students was heard clearly as Ginny woke up. She dreaded waking up, for it was the day of the second Hogsmeade visit.

After the last night's nightmare, she had a nabbing doubt if Shade was to be really trusted. He seemed like a nice bloke with as much a mysterious identity as hers but his constant questions of proposal was getting a tad too annoying for the witch.

She really had no idea how the guy even fell for her without seeing anything but her eyes and partially concealed face.

The nightmare flashed across her eyes as Harry greeted her that morning. Her own words from the dream echoed throughout her mind. "I can't betray my heart. . . It beats for Dragonfly and for. . . Harry."

Was it true then? Was it true that she was now harbouring feelings for the guy she hated at first glance? She did not know.

"Ginny? Ginny!" Hermione's shrieks broke her reverie.

"Huh? What?" Ginny asked, turning from her plate to look at the bushy haired witch.

"I've been calling for a good minute! What's going on in your mind?"

"Nothing," Ginny answered. Gilligan's looked at her suspiciously and she smiled innocently at him. "Are you guys going on another date, today?"

Hermione's expression quickly rose. She smiled happily before speaking. "Yes! Can you believe that Ron was acting so cutely to ask me out yesterday?" she said in a hushed whisper so as to not alert Ron who was busy stuffing his mouth. Ginny chuckled lightly. "Who are you going with?" Hermione asked.

Ginny's smile faltered.

"Why don't we go together? I have no idea about this Hogsmeade and I would really appreciate it if you could show me around," Harry suggested. "And Gil can tag along and perhaps, show me some prank places?"

Gilligan laughed and Ginny scratched her neck when Hermione nudged her in the ribs. "She'll go with you, Harry," Hermione responded instead of the red haired girl. Harry looked at Ginny for confirmation. She nodded timidly and he smiled.

"That's great. Go and get ready then, Gil! We are getting ready to explore a new place!" Harry exclaimed childishly, attracting several eyes. Gilligan grinned back.

"It's a new place for you, brother. Ginny has already shown me everything there including the unibellas. Am I right, Ginny?" Gilligan asked with a wink. Ginny laughed hard at the 'unibellas' joke.

Gilligan surely knew how to make her laugh.

_______________

The fresh wind tickled their lungs as they strolled through the Wizarding village of Hogsmeade. Attractive sales posters advertising newly arrived merchandises formed every window's glasses. The students were busily chatting and shopping the day away as if there would be no tomorrow. Pastel grunge clouds were scattered in the sky – nothing too foreboding.

Ginny skipped around the cobbled path, holding her sling bag to not let it fall. Harry and Gilligan followed her, wearing amused smiles as she explained about each and every store of the village.

"And that'll be the path to the Shrieking Shack. It is rumored that it is haunted as screams are often heard coming from inside it," Ginny explained, coming to a stop beside the winding way.

"Really? I think being Gryffindors we must prove the rumour false," Harry suggested with a wink at his brother.

"Are you mental, Harry?" Gilligan asked. "What if there is something like a chimaera in there which roars when someone passes by?"