Chapter 8

Wishalena stood there, surprised by the comment. Cody rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at her. "I know. It's already a weird jump from helping you to wanting to join." He replied. Sarafina crossed her arms while leaning all weight to one leg.

"I wouldn't say a weird jump," Sarafina said. Cody chuckled a bit at the comment while Vanessa and Rosy remained silent while smiling. Joshua sat up and looked at Cody.

"Trust me. You haven't seen weird until you met Maverick." Joshua replied. Wishalena rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Anyway, sure, you have been helping us stop Nizhalgal's machines and assisted me many times in the past. So clearly, you know what to do." Wishalena said.

"Yes, I remember helping. I'm sure I will still be of good use to assist you all when you need me," Cody said. Vanessa and Rosy giggled while Sarafina smirked.

"No worries. Also, sure you can join." Wishalena replied. Cody felt surprised by the quick answer from her.

"Wait, seriously?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm serious," Wishalena replied.

"Oh, well, thank you. I was honestly expecting there to be more than just a yes." Cody said. Wishalena shook her head no.

"Nope." He replied. Cody gave a small chuckle at Wishalena's slight stretch when saying nope.

"Alright." Cody looked around the room before returning his attention to Wishalena. "So, what are you all doing?" He asked.

"Oh, Wishalena and I were just finishing our game on the DDR even know he cheated." Joshua blurted out. Wishalena looked down at him, feeling surprised, before giggling.

"What? I didn't cheat. The problem is you suck." She replied. Joshua's eyes shot open as he snapped his head to Wishalena. He stood up quickly and placed his hands on his hips.

"How dare you insult me!" Joshua shouted. He darted off quickly in a blur, leaving Wishalena covering her face for a moment. He then returned to where he stood last. Suddenly, Joshua was in a colonial soldier jacket and vest combo, a neck cravat, a white chest belt, and a pair of black boot tops. Wishalena moved her hand away before she stood there, blinking twice in surprise. Cody smirked until he heard Wishalena break out into laughter as she leaned back. Vanessa and Rosy giggled as they covered their mouths while Sarafina laughed at the randomness. Joshua took his glove off and slapped Wishalena gently across the face, making her move from laughter to giggles as she watched. "I say, brother, you will not be insulting me anymore, now will you?" Wishalena wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Maybe..." she replied. Joshua's eyes widen again but are more comical. Wishalena giggled before she looked at the arcade machines.

"Hey, how about we all head to laser tag?" she suggested.

"Ooh, that sounds like fun," Vanessa said.

"I'm down with it," Sarafina replied.

"Sure," Rosy said. Wishalena looked over at Cody.

"Lead the way." He said. Wishalena watched as he stepped aside and motioned for Wishalena to go. Wishalena turned and looked at Joshua. He stood there with tactical clothing on.

"I am combat-ready." He said. Wishalena laughed out loud while Sarafina giggled.

"How do you keep changing clothes that fast?" she asked. Joshua moved his eyes to Sarafina.

"I have super speed, OOF!" He replied.

"Yeah, I can tell by that now," Sarafina replied. Wishalena began walking away and started for Laser Shoot out.