Chapter 3

Zoey and Cody are resting next to a lake near the cabins. Cody is sitting on a rock with his one-foot leg bent. Zoey sits next to him in the grass, resting her arms on her knees. They both are enjoying the pleasant breeze that goes by them. Zoey looks down at her brown open-toe Velcro Waterproof Sandals. She admires the blue-painted toenails that Angel has done for her. Zoey Corgi mixed with Chihuahua. Her primary color is pink, with a purple patch on her left eye. Zoey's forearms and her lower leg from the knee down are white. Zoey has a purple patch on her left eye as well. She is wearing light-blue tummy control shorts and her Galaxy Print Round T-shirt. Zoey's long white hair is a Deep Side Part with Curls while the tips are pink. She watched a Northern Cardinal come flying up to her. It landed on the top of her head, making her giggle.

Cody looked down and smiled. The bird hopped around on her head a few times, then stopped and looked over at her face. Zoey giggled even more at the bird. Suddenly titled its head and then flew off, leaving Zoey happy. "Seems like these birds love being around you," Cody said. She looked over and tilted her head to one side while smiling. Cody turned his body and continued watching the lake. Zoey lets a yawn out as she stretches her legs out. She moved her mouth to one side, thinking to herself about food.

"Hmm, suddenly I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich..." Cody smirked and moved his attention to her.

"Oh, really, and what do you have in mind for a side dish?" Cody asked.

"I'm thinking about another sandwich, but this one has tuna, lettuce, tomato with mayo on it." She replied. Cody gave her a weird look.

"That's sure an interesting sandwich you have," Cody said.

"Well, what about you? Think you can do better?" Zoey asked. Cody chuckled under his breath. He rested one hand on his prompt knee and looked at the sky.

"How about a hamburger with tomato, lettuce, ketchup, onion, and let's not forget the cheese that makes it even better?" Zoey gaged to the sound of his choice.

"Ew, hamburgers are nasty." She said. Cody laughed at her remark.

"What's wrong, Zoey? Can't handle a cow?"

"Honestly, I can't see myself eating a cow. I'm not saying I'm a vegan. It's just how our world is that makes me second guess." She said. Cody moved his eyes to her.

"What do you mean?" Cody asked. Zoey moved to her knees as she tucked her feet.

"I mean, look at me and some others who aren't humans. People like us have developed and taken on traits like humans and have the power of emanation. As regular animals who aren't like us end up as food. I..." She cut herself off as she thought about the regular animals for a moment. She had cold chills up her back, then looked to Cody. "I think you get the picture."

"Right..." Cody said. He moves his eyes to the ground, thinking to himself. Cody is a human with a mohawk and a big bushy beard. He got one scar on his left cheek. Zoey played with the tips of her hair for a moment, then took her eyes to him.

Cody is wearing dark blue jeans, a black v-shaped shirt, and his black leather combat boots. She takes awareness that he was thinking deeply to himself. "Hey, are you alright?" Cody glanced over to Zoey before looking away.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just found it rather interesting what you said.

"Oh, how?" Zoey asked.

"You mention that animals that aren't like you and the others."

"Yes?" Zoey asked.

"So, what is your point behind it?" Zoey looked away. She didn't feel like answering the question.