Chapter 1

The date is July 23, 2005. Stars twinkle throughout the night. The moon shines off its entire body as it shines on a pond, Wishalena, and Vanessa. They both lay next to each other in the grass, watching the stars. Vanessa is a tan Deer-Head Chihuahua with a white underbelly and white arms meeting to the elbows as the knees down come off white. She has freckles and blue eyes with red shadows. Her black hair comes off as short with a emo swoop. Blue tips near the front and the back. Wishalena is a white Jack Russell Terrier with a light blue underbelly, a massive light blue patch on her butt, and her left ear is the same color. On her left ear, she also has a paw print that is her birthmark. Similar to Vanessa, she has light blue arms starting from the elbow down and her knee too. Her eyes are baby blue, and her nose is light blue. Wishalena's hair came off long and tied back with blue tips. Wishalena also has golden earrings on her left ear. A streak of light crosses the sky in front of them. Vanessa got excited and pointed to the sky. "A shooting star, quick to make a wish," she exclaimed. Both of them closed their eyes and placed their hands together, almost like they were praying. Silence hit between them as they wished into themselves.

The two open their eyes. Vanessa's soft hands rest against her.

Raglan's long sleeve shirt rolled up. The cotton shirt is red with white butterflies resting on small clouds under a sunset. Vanessa's light blue jeans wrapped around her legs tightly, but it didn't bother Vanessa since they were her favorite pair. She wears a 22k fine, gold choker necklace that was a gift from her mother before she died from the Darkness plague. She moved her bare feet through the soft grass with a smile on her face. Vanessa's eyes pulsed at the beautiful night sky. She got sucked in by the twinkling stars, then regained her focus on the question that came to her mind. "So, what did you wish for?" Wishalena laid there on her back, having both arms behind his head. She is wearing a Navy blue undersuit that is like a full-body swimsuit. Leaving the navy blue going down like an underbelly as the sides came off light blue. On top, she is wearing a two-layer chest protection vest, mimicking the same colors as the undersuit. Her vest covers her chest and stomach. The vest has straps on the shoulders to tighten and the sides. She has her team's symbol on the chest with a light blue outline and word words Wishalena heroes in white.

Wishalena wears tactical navy jeans that stop close to her ankle. They are the same colors and pattern that splits the colors between her legs and at her knees down. Over the pants, she has a tactical belt connected with navy blue pockets and a large strap pocket around her left leg. On her right is a Persian blue Kama cape with her team's symbol on it, surrounded by a white outline of a hexagon. The outer Kama cape is white. Wishalena's got knee guards that are grey and blue with a v shape over a line that splits the colors. Wishalena has blue and grey tactical boots, blue and grey tactical gauntlets with light blue high-tech goggles, and a baby blue scarf.She turned and looked at Vanessa. A friendly smile greeted her with the sounds of trees swaying gently. "I wished for all of us to be together forever." Vanessa moved her attention to Wishalena. She returned a friendly smile while having her eyes squinches a bit from being tired. "What about you?" Wishalena asked.

"I wished for another night like this. Plus some more noodles." Wishalena and Vanessa giggled. They gazed out to the sky, seeing the fireflies above them. They flew around without a care in the world. Each one sent off a light before fading into the dark, as another started after. Vanessa let out a yawn. She moved closer and rested her head against Wishalena's arm. Her knees tucked in, she curled up like a baby. Crickets sound off while the sound of nature puts Vanessa to sleep. Wishalena let a sigh out that sounded like something bothered her. Vanessa tilted her head at Wishbone.

"What's wrong?" Wishalena thought about it for a minute, then tried to explain.

"I... I've been having these weird thoughts lately." She pulsed for a moment, her eyes locked onto the moon. Wishalena squinches her eyes to the moon. It came off looking like a bright light sent from the Heavens. Vanessa waited for Wishalena to continue. She took a deep breath and let it out as he opened his eyes. "Like, the Alpha tree is trying to tell me something?" Vanessa just stared at Wishalena. She didn't understand what she was trying to say.