Chapter 4

Vanessa, Sarafina, Wishalena, and Joshua are walking together in the park. Other animals and humans are enjoying the cloudless day while kids play on the play structure. The group heads over to an odd tree with a tire hanging by a rope. Sarafina sat down inside the tire as Vanessa began pushing her. "So you used Maverick as a batting ram?" Wishalena asked.

"Yes, I didn't know of any other way to get inside. Plus, time wasn't on my side with you two." Sarafina moved her attention to Joshua, having a confident look.

"I was doing fine. Wishalena was making it worse for the both of us." Sarafina said. Wishalena turned to Sarafina seeing her smiling with her tongue sticking out while winking.

"Excuse me? I was the one telling you to stop moving. You decide to be like, oh, let's ignore Wishalena and pretend her speaking doesn't exist." Everyone laughed at Wishalena's funny voice she was portraying in her statement.

"Hey, it's not my fault we got in that situation." Sarafina pointed to Joshua. "He's the one that caused all this." She replied. Joshua gave an embarrassing reaction.

"I mean, it could have been better." He replied. Wishalena shook her head, wondering what he meant by that. Sarafina moved her tongue to one side of her mouth, thinking about what he said as Vanessa stood behind, continuing to push while she smiled at Joshua.

"Better as in how?" Sarafina asked. Joshua paused for a moment, feeling stumped by his question. He inched the back of his while giving a small giggled in return.

"I... I got not commented that he-he." He replied.

"Oh, exactly. This fellow is like, Oh look at me, I'm Joshua. Let me walk next to a steep hillside and complain about girls talking about guys." Wishalena started motioning her hands as she reenacted the scene. "But, wait, even better, let me fall off the edge and bring my best friend down with me. Saying, we work together. We die together." Vanessa covered her mouth, giggling. Sarafina laughed out loud, leaving Joshua to giggle back.

"Hey, now, how was I supposed to know I was going to fall?" Wishalena paused and took her eyes to Joshua in silence for a moment, leaving Sarafina and Vanessa waiting to see what Wishalena could say. She got closer, making Joshua lean his head away, smiling. Wishalena arched her eyebrows up and down twice, comically. Making Joshua chuckle. "What?"

"It's called looking down, Joshua!" Wishalena shouted. Vanessa rolled her eyes at them.

"Hey, Sarafina, are you interested in singing at Silver's Karaoke Diner later on tonight?" She moved her head back and popped out from behind the tire, still moving back and forth.

"What time exactly?" Sarafina asked. Vanessa moved her eyes to the sky while squinching, thinking of an appropriate time.

"How about around 7:30 tonight? Like we did last week?" She replied. Sarafina stuck her tongue out at Vanessa, making a silly face. Vanessa gave her a soft bloop on the nose, leaving Sarafina to giggle.

"Sure, I'll join you after I get done training with Lauren," Sarafina replied.

"Okay." Wishalena and Joshua stood there calming down from all their laughing. Wishalena looked, then saw a Sheltie with long brown hair slicked to one side. She is wearing jogging shorts, a red sleeveless shirt, and grey sunglasses with white running shoes. Running next to her is a Mountain zebra with a white angled bob short haircut. She is wearing the same clothes, but her colors are blue, and she has on a light green hat with blue sunglasses, and she has golden earrings on both ears. She stands around 5, 4, while the Sheltie is 5, 8. Wishalena pointed out their presence.

"Hey, Lauren and Sabrina are here." Joshua waves while calling their names out. Lauren and Sabrina looked over their shoulder. They waved at Joshua before returning to their conversation. Joshua smiled, then looked over to his left, seeing Cody and Quinn sitting under a tree. Quinn rested with his hands behind his back, sleeping while he had one leg crossed over the other. Cody remained next to him, having one leg vent while resting one hand on top as the other was on his other leg. He appeared sleeping too. Joshua looked away, then saw Wishalena smiling at Cody as her tail was wagging. Vanessa and Sarafina giggled at Wishalena while Joshua crossed his arms.