chapter 24 - just another new girl

On-Jo looked at me with wide eyes before sympathetically smiling at me telling me that she no longer liked him.

In all honesty, in my mind, I was far too worked up about the fact that my best friend and my ex who I was still in love with had a thing to even slightly listen to a word the poor girl before me was trying to say.

"Look... Can I please explain?" She asked, and I gave a polite head nod allowing her to continue, not wanting to start any drama between us.

"Okay, so pretty much when I first started going to the school, Gwinam sat in front of me in math class (A/N surprise surprise??? i think not, never date a goddamn boy) and then he began talking and flirting with me before asking me for my Instagram handle. Then we started to message, and added each other on Snap and continued to talk and flirt, but that was it, and it was over before you even came to the school or even knew about him... Are you still not over him?" She explained, and I physically winced at the last part she asked.

"Oh." I dumbly responded, not really knowing how to reply to her. "Um, I began again, do you know why he liked you?" I asked?

"I don't know, probably because I have *insert your colour of hair* and *insert your eye colour* and was new to the school. I'm pretty sure that's what he's in to I guess." After she finished speaking, On-Jo quickly realised what she had just said, smacking her hand over her mouth as her eyes widened and looked at me. She opened her mouth to say something again but I politely stopped her by softly raising my hand in her direction.

"Oh." I said, looking down into the fire in front of me as I began to feel my heart sink. "Guess I was just another new girl..." I sadly said, trailing off at the end as my friend group all exchanged saddened and worried glances amongst each other.