chapter 21 - more mixed signals?

And as for the next few days, it was the exact same. Mixed signals, and when I say mixed signals, I mean that once again, he would ignore me and act as if I did not exist.

I now lay awake in bed, like normal, watching Squid Game on Netflix, my normal Monday night to be exact. I lightly sobbed while player 001 got shot, watching as player 456 almost carelessly walks away. Monster, I thought to myself.

(A/N I know that he doesn't die lol I have watched the show multiple times, my mind just went like so fuz and I was up to the bit in the show and I always cry ahaha)

*Vibrations*

I looked down next to where I was laying on my bed, and watched as my phone violently vibrated next to me. I picked up the small device, curiously staring at the glowing phone screen. I carefully examined the number, deciding that it was not saved as a contact, and that it probably would not have been important like my doctor or hair dresser calling at 9pm at night.

I pressed decline on the phone before going back to watching my show, only to be interrupted once again by the anonymous caller. Sighing, I pressed pause on my laptop screen, and accepted the phone call, asking who was on the other end.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello?" The voice asked back, it sounded rather familiar, however I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Who is this?" I asked, hoping that they would reveal their identity.

"Who is this?" The person mocked me, I narrowed my eyes becoming rather frustrated with the unknown caller.

"What the fuck." I muttered to myself, which was soon echoed by the person on the other end of the phone. I sighed once again, deciding that it was probably some scam caller, until I heard a voice talking in the background to whoever was on the phone with me, and that was the second I figured out who it was.

Gwinam.

I heard someone else calling out to him, saying his name, then hearing him respond to the person, before quickly hanging up the phone, leaving me dumbfounded.

I once again narrowed my eyes, trying to figure out why Gwinam of all people was calling me, and who's phone was he calling me on? I know for a fact that it was not him, because he did not get a new phone, and I had his number saved in my phone contacts.

I stared at the random phone number on my recent phone calls, allowing my curiousness to take over me, I decided to call the number again, to find out who it was.

The phone rang for a few seconds before I was quickly faced with the voicemail.

"Hi, it's Jason here, please leave a message!" I heard Jason's voicemail talk into my ear. Jason. Of course. I rolled my eyes, deleting Jason's number out of my recent calls before shutting off my phone and laptop and just deciding to go to bed.

My mind however, flooded with strange queries about why Gwinam would have called me, and why on Jason's phone?

I opened my eyes from zoning out in class, looking around to see my math teacher talking about some stupid crap nobody really cares about. I looked around the classroom to see everyone looking just as equally bored at me, my eyes of course stopping on the gorgeous brown eyed boy in front of me.

I watched him quietly talking to Jason about something, my ears however, perked up when I could have sworn I had heard the mention of my name. Maybe I was just daydreaming again? I quickly looked away to be faced with the curious stare of none other than Jason looking at me. I blinked a couple of times before he turned back around rapidly tapping Gwinam's shoulder.

Gwinam however, of course didn't even notice me all of class and went about his day just pretending that I didn't exist. Of course.

More mixed signals.