chapter 12 - goodnight mullet boy

"Maybe." He bluntly answered back. "But I want to hear you say it." He said.

"Fine." I said before pausing. Only because I have shit I want to know about this boy.

I just didn't understand how he could be so nice, yet so rude, both at the same time.

Dipshit. My mind repeated.

"I stare at you in maths, because I think you are kind of cute." I bluntly answer, emotionlessly.

"And I like talking to you because I think you are a really nice, and interesting person to talk to." He responded back.

"And why do your friends tease you about me?" I ask, till emotionlessly, I was too mad, and I knew that if I showed any type of emotion to the boy, I would probably end I crying out the tears that were already threatening to escape from my eyes.

"It... Just... Because... Nothing..." Gwinam stuttered.

"Whatever." I said before sitting there in complete silence.

After a few minutes Gwinam spoke up again.

"I am sorry. Are you okay?" He asked, it sounded kind of genuine, however how was I even supposed to tell when anyone was being genuine anymore?

"It's fine." I muttered back in response.

"Are you sure?" He answered back.

"It's fine." I repeated, even though it wasn't.

There was another long silence until Gwinam spoke up again.

"Do. You. Maybe... Uhhhh... DoYouWantToGoOutOnADateWithMe?"

"What?" I responded. That sounded like the hardest sentence he had ever had to say.

"Are you lying?" I asked, "Did Jason set you up to do this? Are you just pranking the new girl?" I interrogated.

"I uh actually haven't talked to him about asking you out." Gwinam quietly muttered into his phone.

I smiled a little bit.

"So no cap? You're not bullshitting me right now?" I asked him looking up.

"No cap. I'm not bullshitting you." He honestly responded.

I smiled again before responding back to him.

"Okay then." I said.

"You didn't answer me." Gwinam said after yet another moment of silence.

"Yes I will go out on a date with you." I said before he smiled.

"Awesome." He responded. "I have the perfect idea of what to do." He said to

We talked for a little while more about where our date would be, what we were doing and when we were going. I couldn't wait.

After a couple more hours of just slight conversation, Gwinam suddenly became very quiet.

I honestly thought that he hud hung up on me, before I started to hear his soft little snores into the speaker of his phone.

I smiled to myself before quietly saying. "Goodnight mullet boy."

I closed my eyes and fell asleep listening to him.