epilogue

TW: strong language, mentions of drugs and alcohol, gore and death, mentions of smut, and mentions of running away in case that triggers you
_______________________________

It was now 13 years after Eddie's death. The ripe year of 1999. It has been more than a decade after fighting the battles of Hawkins, and I am now sitting on my couch, watching the countdown on television for the new years.

2000. The big year. The start of a new century, marking almost 14 years without him.

There was once a time where I thought I couldn't live without him. But here I am, more happier than ever.

And everyone from the group has settled down and had kids by now, even my brother Dustin, with his wife Suzie. I still keep in close contact with Dustin and his family, but not with many other people, and I most certainly try my best to stay away from anything that would remind me of Eddie.

I had left Hawkins, and now live in the city of Indianapolis, only about an hour drive from Hawkins, Indiana. Everyone had passed off the whole upside down situation as an earthquake, and only a week after, when everyone was back to being settled in and going back to normal, I had left.

I hadn't gone to any of Eddie's funeral services, therefore instead I had spent a whole week practicing the guitar, trying to be my best and playing on his very own guitar, with his very own pick.

Originally, I was going to spend that week sulking, but after a fairly quick conversation with Eddies uncle, I was told how Eddie would've wanted me to be happy for him, and how he was in a better place where people treated him like he deserved.
That made me realize only how powerful a loss can be. So Instead of grieving, Eddie's death only made me stronger.

How we got through all of our rough patches and ended on a happy note, how we were willing to spend our whole lives together, how even after the worse fight we could have, he'd still hold me and kiss me in the end of the night. So the least I could do to return the favor, was to honor him, and be happy in the end, like he would've wanted.

So here I am, remembering my boyfriend and only true lover, Eddie Munson.

My Loverboy.