chapter 17 - edward munson

TW: strong language, mentions of drugs, and mentions of running away in case that triggers you
_______________________________

I decided I wanted to run away. There was no longer anything in this town of hell that was making me want to stay. It was a week later and I had gotten shouted at by my mom about 10 times after she got calls of me skipping school too much, but I still stayed in bed, before It became late at night when I heard banging at my window.

I got up and shuffled through all the clothes on my floor, going over and opening my curtain.

I saw Eddie outside, looking nervous. I quickly closed the curtain before hearing louder banging on my window.

I run over and open it suddenly.

"What are you, crazy?" I whisper yelled.

Eddie then pushed me aside softly before rushing in my room.

"y/n, please let me talk, you don't even have to say anything, just listen." He said.

"Get out." I said, as tears slowly filled my eyes.

"No. Not until you hear me out." He stood still, with his hands on his hips, and a serious look on his face.

I sighed, wiping a tear.

"If I listen, just listen, will you leave?"

"God yes y/n, just listen and I will leave, I swear." As if he could swear without breaking the promise.

"Listen y/n, I'm sorry I got jealous. I'm sorry that I said what I said, and I'm sorry about everything." I looked away from him.

"Just know that nothing changes the way I feel about you, and I really am sorry." He stared at me.

I walked to back to my bed, sitting on it, glaring down at my feet.

"Eddie, that scene of yours made everything turn to shit."

"I said I'm sorry y/n, and if words could mean so much more I would say them. I mean honestly, I'll never do it again, and I'm sorry about Chrissy and-."

"Save it Eddie." I put my hand up, interrupting him.

"I don't know if you want me to be your girlfriend, or a slut, or what...but you've finally given me a reason to leave."

"A slut? y/n, never. You are the most gorgeous girl ever, and you deserve so much better. You can't leave."

"Eddie, that's just it, I deserve better. Leaving is the only option to me. I don't want to go back and face all the problems you caused, and you broke a promise to me, I can't stay just for you."

I started to cry lightly, and Eddie walked over and stood in front of me.

"Where are you going to go y/n? Please stay...or we can run away together!" He frowned.

"Please, leave. Your not coming with me."

"y/n, I'm sorry, please, I beg you!"

"Please, go away Eddie!" I started to cry.

Eddie looked at me before leaving. I slammed the window shut behind him, and went back to bed, where I just cried more.

The next morning, I got up. I showered, and packed a bag.

I was ready to walk out the door before Dustin stopped me.

"I heard your little conversation last night with Eddie." He said shallowly.

"You're really going to run away from your problems?" He gave me the look of disappoint.

"I thought you were better than that y/n."

Dustin shook his head before watching me walk out to my car. I stared at him before getting in.

"I'm sorry, tell mom I said I love her. bye Dustin." My voice echoed as I got into my car.

He stared at me the whole time as I drove off, and away.

I wasn't going to say anything or talk to anyone until I left Hawkins. I didn't want to hear peoples pity and attempts to get me to stay.

And trust me, I know what you're thinking. I'm even more pathetic for running away from the simplest problem...but honestly being away from people is what makes me feel comfortable, because I don't want to be wrapped in any more drama, nor so I want to hear what people have to say about the drama.

I drove as far as I could, and it was now about 5 hours from being in Hawkins, before hearing weird sounds coming from my back seat.

I checked my rear view mirror, and saw nothing. Then, the sounds became more aggressive, like a high pitched static.

I freaked out, and pulled over, walking to my back seat.

On the floor behind the passenger seat, a walkie-talkie lay partially under the seat.

Dustin must've left it in there or something, but words were slowly coming through the static.

"y/n", "help", and "upside down" were words that were repeated and coming through.

I picked up the walkie-talkie and pressed a button, saying "hello?".

Hearing more static, I took the walkie-talkie to the front seat and decided to drive back. After hearing "upside down" and "help" I became worried in case my family was in danger.