chapter 21 - not this time

TW: strong language, mentions of drugs and alcohol, gore and death, mentions of smut, and mentions of running away in case that triggers you

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU PLEASE WATCH / FINISH SEASON 4 COMPLETELY BEFORE READING THIS CHAPTER. THERE IS SO MANY BIG SPOILERS COMING UP AND YOU WILL BE HEARTBROKEN. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.

QUICK A/N : sorry it took so long for this chapter to be posted. Also, I know it's a little different from what happened in the actual show, but I wanted to make it that way, and it's hard to do that with writers block, so no, I haven't forgot about the story, I'm just struggling. Also, I know it's kind of sloppy, when I finally found the perfect idea, I rushed to write it. Anyways, here's this, and prepare to cry for this and the next chapter. Enjoy!
_______________________________

Our initial plan was to all be on different tasks.

Me, Eddie, and Dustin distracting the demo-bats meanwhile Nancy, Robin, and Steve went off and did their own thing.

Max, Lucas, and everyone else would go to the original Creel house that Nancy and Robin had researched about while trying to figure out information about Vecna. They were going there to summon Vecna, and tease him, Max becoming his bait.

As we sat in silence, driving down a long and narrow road, my eyes kept glaring between Eddie and the road.

I was embarrassed to admit how scared I was.
One wrong move and I could lose everything, even my life.

I had gone through situations including unrealistic creatures many times before, but I'm sure they would be nothing compared to what was about to come.

Suddenly, I broke the silence by laughing loudly before quickly transforming my laughs into hysterical noises as I began to cry.

Everyone glared at me in silence, and Eddie started to rub my back and whispered in my ear, asking wrong.

I couldn't bring myself to clear my tears as memories ran through my mind, of Eddie, of Dustin, of Robin, of everyone, and the last time we all sat together and had a good time, not having to worry about anything in the world.

We were once unable to be defeated, some of the strongest people our ages in the world. Now, we're seriously risking our lives once again, just this time, there's a way higher chance of dying, or not returning back to Hawkins.

I rose my head and looked at Eddie, who cupped my face with his hands, wiping away my tears and runny mascara with his thumbs.

He gave me a look of pity before kissing me on the forehead and frowning at me. Eddie quickly sat back, letting go of my face, but only this time he had put his arms around me, hugging me tightly as we continued to drive.

TIME SKIP

I now found myself falling into a familiar entrance; the portal.
Walking on the cold ground, with Eddie and Dustin by my side, I made my way for Eddies house in the underworld.

We had taken a back way, trying our best to get there before any weird types of demo-creatures.
My mind was all over the place. I was nervously on the verge of freaking.

I began biting my lip, picking at my skin, and such. As soon as Eddie took notice, he immediately grabbed my hand and gave it a slight squeeze, looking at me in reassurance.

As we approached his trailer, we looked throughout, looking for useful items and his precious guitar.

I grabbed a few flashlights from his junk drawer, also grabbing extra batteries to carry with me.
Not in anyway possible was I ready for what was to come.