chapter 1 - hawkins high

TW: strong language
_______________________________

My alarm clock rang loudly, chiming the time '6:00 AM'. As I dragged myself up, I reached my arm over like a zombie and hit the top of the alarm clock.

I dragged myself out of bed as I slowly got out of my pajamas, picking up my cheer uniform. I cheered for the Tigers basketball team, though I hated it. I only did it because my mom thought it would be nice and I don't really like to let her down. I get along well with everyone on the team and on the basketball team but I definitely stand out amongst them.

I toss on my uniform before sitting at my vanity, adjusting my nose piercing. I was always into things like tattoos and piercings but a small diamond stud on my nose is the closest I can get until I turn 18, which is soon.

I picked up my makeup brushes and my eyeliner, starting to do my light face of makeup. I had to do lighter colors since I had some sort of prep rally today, so the darkest thing on my face was my eyeliner and mascara.

I got up after I was finished and rushed out to my little brother, Dustin yelling at me.

"God fucking dammit y/n! Do you have to take so long!" He shouted as I scoffed.

"Oh I'm so sorry dustybun! I only took ten minutes and you know how mom feels about language you twerp!" I pointed my finger at him before grabbing a piece of toast from the counter and my car keys.

"Yeah well she already left and she never leaves the house! So let's move it!" He said, rushing me.

I sped walked out of the house grabbing my bag quickly and into my car, where Dustin sat in the passenger seat. I started my car and sped off to school as Dustin sat, talking my ear off.

We pulled into the school parking lot where I turned off my car.

"You never shut up do you!" I scolded.

He gave me a quick dirty look before leaving the car, and entering the school.

I left too, taking my bag and making my way to the gym, where I was greeted by all the other cheerleaders.

"Hey y/n glad you could make it!" Chrissy said in a sweet voice. She was the most popular and basically the queen bee of Hawkins high.

She also just so happen to be one of my closest friends on the team and definitely the easiest to talk to, I really liked her, and she never cared for who I really am.

"Hey Chrissy!" I smiled as I dropped my bag down on the ground, and started stretching.

About 30 minutes later the pep rally started. Band kids started to make their way on the bleachers, and other students too. The basketball team and the cheer team stayed in a room behind the gym until it was our cue.

Soon, the band kids started their music as the cheer team ran out. We got in our positions and cheered to the music. We did a few moves before making a pyramid, with Chrissy on top. I sat still as I watched my brother and his friends laugh at me from the audience.

After our performance was over, the basketball team came out. Lucas, one of Dustin's friends had joined and it surprised me, though he was really good. If only he didn't spend all the time on the bench like he does.

The cheerleaders now sat on the bleachers, where the head of the basketball team and Chrissy's boyfriend, Jason, started his usual speech about the championship game and bringing home the trophy.

After the pep rally, it was now lunch, and everyone gathered at their usual tables. I sat with the basketball team and Chrissy.

But then, a boy in my senior class stands up on his table. He was in the hellfire club, the same one my brother was in. I looked up to see the embarrassment on Dustin's face as he did this.

"As long as your into band...or science... or parties...or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" His voice echoed as he cupped his mouth, glaring towards our table.

Jason stood up saying, "You want something freak?" In an annoyed voice.

The boy on the table made the face of the devil and smiling at Jason before getting down.

"That's what's killing the kids!" He shouted as he got down, scaring away some girl.

I quietly giggled to myself before spacing my attention back to the conversation at my table.