𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

"soobinnnn!"

"soobin!"

"choi soobin get up!!"

someone was beating on the front door, and soobin only had one guess as to who it could be on sunday morning. he groaned and pulled himself off of the couch, where he had slept the night before in case beomgyu needed anything. he could see yeonjun through the window and snatched open the door before he could beat on it again, being met with the startled boy.

"may i ask why you're here so early??" soobin almost snapped, and yeonjun could sense the attitude forming.

"i warned you yesterday, i really did. can i try to talk to him now?" yeonjun said sheepishly, smiling lightly when soobin stepped aside as a way to let him enter the house.

"he's probably not awake yet. he doesn't get up til like 1pm on weekends. and you had to be here at a whopping," soobin paused to check his phone, "9am. great."

yeonjun rubbed the back of his neck shyly and smiled once more, glancing up to the closed door at the top of the steps. soobin just sighed, nodding, and watched yeonjun excitedly bounce up the steps.

he knocked twice, happily yet anxiously awaiting whatever beomgyu would greet him with.

which was silence.

yeonjun frowned, and knocked one more time, being met with more silence. he knew not to try the doorknob, as he didn't want the younger to freak out and have a panic attack. and because that would be disrespectful.

he trudged back down the carpeted steps and looked at soobin in defeat, just as he had the day before.

"i told you, he's asleep. which, i was too, until someone tried to beat down my door." soobin said, adding an extra amount of sass at the mention of who was at his door. yeonjun frowned, his heart weighing heavy.

he knew what beomgyu was about to go through. he had been there himself, which had found him with his stomach littered with scars. which led to never showcasing his stomach as other boys his age did, and he tried his best to never catch a glimpse of his most hated skin.

"could i stay until he wakes up...? i'll be as quiet as a mouse i promise." yeonjun asked, but lost hope at soobin's frown.

"i promise i'll be quiet. pinky promise!" yeonjun pleaded, giving soobin puppy eyes like he had never seen. soobin sighed, wishing he would've ignored the door being beaten in. but then he noticed the hopeful yet hopeless gaze that looked him in the eyes, and his heart softened just a bit.

"why should i let you?" soobin inquired, simply wanting to see what the older would say. yeonjun's face fell at the question, his shoulders slumping as he glanced towards the front door. his feet dragged as he made his way to it and opened it, looking back to soobin.

"forget it. i'll just see him at school tomorrow." yeonjun said coldly, a tone that soobin hadn't heard since before the incident at the party.

"i just wanted to make sure he was okay... i worry about him." yeonjun muttered, going to shut the door behind him. soobin leapt forward to stop him, as he didn't want the older to just leave.

in a way, it was soobin's way to test yeonjun. to see if his intentions were pure or not.

"wait! wait." soobin called, placing a hand on yeonjun's shoulder to prevent him from leaving so quickly. yeonjun paused and turned back around, his lips brought into a pout as he looked up at soobin.

soobin's heart softened at the sight of yeonjun on the verge of tears, almost wanting to pull the boy into a hug. but he didn't, as despite yeonjun's recent attitude, he wouldn't so easily forgive the boy for his actions to beomgyu.