𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

"why does he even make you so angry??" soobin asked, gracefully wiping a wet cloth against beomgyu's bloody face.

the boy winced at the harshness of the cold water, but nevertheless allowed soobin to continue patting the bruised skin.

"he thinks he's so much better at everything than me, everyone loves him without him even trying, he probably has everything handed to him! i just wanted my parents to fucking praise me for doing something good, but no." beomgyu spat, swinging his legs angrily as he sat still on the counter.

"just ignore him." soobin said, now putting chapstick on beomgyu's busted lips with a singular finger.

beomgyu raised an eyebrow at soobin, almost baffled by the request.

"why should i?? i tried that, and he just kept beating me up, every day." beomgyu said, anger spiking at the thought of the older.

soobin shrugged, taking the rest of the chapstick on his fingertip and applying it to his own lips. beomgyu broke a small smile at this, because soobin didn't care about sharing stuff between them.

some people might even think they seemed like a couple with the way they shared stuff, but they were both just so comfortable with each other.

"he'll get over it one day i guess, don't let it wear you down. i can get tae to beat him up if you want?" soobin suggested, a small crooked smile spreading across his face.

beomgyu stifled a giggle at the thought of little sweet taehyun beating up the most popular boy of the school, but the more he thought about it, the more feasible it became.

taehyun went to the gym at least 5 times a week, and had some of the best abs beomgyu had ever laid his fruity little eyes on.

"no i wanna have the satisfaction of beating him." beomgyu countered. soobin just sighed, finishing up tending to beomgyu's small wounds.

"oh like you did today? look where that got you." soobin remarked, shaking his head in disbelief.

"then i'll just go to the gym and get better." beomgyu said cockily, plopping down off of the bathroom counter.

"do as you please, just don't overwork yourself." soobin shrugged, knowing he could not alter the younger's decisions once he made his mind up.

"kay, bye hyung!" beomgyu said, disappearing out of the bathroom as if he was on a mission.

"where are you going??" soobin questioned, eyebrow raised in question.

"to the gym. duh." beomgyu countered, a goofy smile spreading across his face as he pulled on his shoes.

soobin shook his head as he made his way to the couch, plopping down and pulling his phone from his pocket.

"have fun then. i'm gonna invite ning over because i miss him." soobin said, typing away on his screen without looking up to the latter.

"use protection!!" beomgyu screeched, quickly sprinting out of the front door in a giggling fit before he could be smacked with a pillow.

beomgyu walked down the sidewalk, looking down at his phone for the nearest gyms. one appeared to be a few blocks away, near his busking area.

10 minutes later and the brown haired boy was standing at the front desk, setting up an account with the gym so that he could come whenever he felt like it.

"here's your card!" the woman said cheerfully, handing beomgyu a laminated piece of plastic, his name and account information printed on it.

beomgyu thanked her and entered the main part of the gym, eyes traveling over every little piece of the large room.

there were boys doing pull-ups, girls doing squats, and elderly people walking on the treadmill.

beomgyu began to slowly wander around, his expression mirroring a lost puppy.

he took note of the layout, hoping he'd remember it for next time.

the treadmills and such were on the far left wall, the weights and bars were in the middle of the room, and to the right was different sized medicine balls and large ropes.

he noticed a door off to the side, on the back wall, labeled 'boxing'.

"perfect!" he said to himself, excitement working its way into his body as he bounced over to the room.

beomgyu carefully stepped into the large room, immediately noticing a muscular boy with headphones on, pummeling a punching bag.

the boy was the only one in there, which didn't bother beomgyu. he made his way over to a small station with supplies and picked out a wrap that seemed comfortable, ready to begin his self-training.

as he wrapped his hands, his eyes stayed on the boy; studying his form and the types of punches he threw.

he was impressed, to say the least.

he walked over to a secluded punching bag, getting a feel for the cushioned mat underneath his shoes.

beomgyu quickly tied his hair back into a half ponytail, leaving some of his brunette strands to cover the back of his neck.

and he began, bouncing on his feet from side to side with each little punch he threw, eyebrows knitted in pure concentration.

he did his best to keep his core tightened, and his stance fluid.

after about 10 minutes of fighting off of pure adrenaline, a tap on his shoulder brought him out of his trance. it was the boy he saw, and his headphones were now around his neck as he smiled at beomgyu.

"um hi, want some help? and i mean that in the least ego-threatening way possible." the boy smiled, his hand pushing his sweaty strands of hair out of his face.

beomgyu's face lit up at the offer, immediately nodding excitedly.

"im beomgyu!" beomgyu said happily, taking in the features of the boy in front of him.

"yeosang! nice to meet you, it'll be nice to have a boxing buddy, if you decide to keep coming!" yeosang said happily, his smile reaching his eyes.

beomgyu smiled at this, and he hoped he had made a friend already.

"okay, so.."

-

three hours later and beomgyu already felt like he could destroy yeonjun, and he had practically developed a stable friendship with yeosang.

the two had talked about random things the whole time, and he learned that yeosang had a boyfriend named wooyoung, and that he was like a hyperactive adhd child.

beomgyu had told him that he was in a feud with yeonjun, and yeosang, not surprisingly, knew who he was talking about.

beomgyu also learned that yeosang had just graduated, but wooyoung was in the same grade as beomgyu and the rest of his friends.

the two had exchanged numbers, and now beomgyu was at home, standing under the hot water as he recounted his day.

"yeonjun won't stand a chance with my new training, i'll show him i'm not weak."