Chapter 2

Lia's POV:

"Lia!"
I jump, startled. I'm sitting at the kitchen table, my hands wrapped around a mug of hot chocolate that cooled awhile ago. I turn to look at Nick, confused.

"Can't sleep?"

I shake my head and he sighs.

"Nightmares?"

"Yeah." I whisper.

He looks at me sadly.
"I wish you would talk to someone about it. Especially now that we're going back."

I shrug and change the subject.

"We have to get ready, the plane leaves in two hours."

He lets out a frustrated breath but allows it. "Okay, we should go grab our stuff."

I nod and stand, emptying my cup into the sink. Luca comes bounding into the kitchen, followed closely by Cole, Simon, and Katy. "Let's go losers! We need to leave or we'll be late." He yells.

"Jesus, Luca could you be any louder?" Katy groans.  "I'm exhausted. "

"Of course I could. This is my quiet voice."

I smile and head upstairs to get dressed and grab my bags. I'm wearing faded skinny jeans, a blue nike sports bra, a white off the shoulder short sleeve shirt, and my black heeled boots. I've thrown my hair up into a messy bun, and grab my sunglasses before leaving the house.

Walking out the door, I head for the taxi. I'd much rather take my baby - aka my motorcycle - but I had it shipped to the new house yesterday so it would be there when we got off the plane. Our other cars where shipped then also. We have more cars than we need, but when you have the money, it's nice to have a variety.

                              **************************

"Hey, time to get up sleeping beauty." I get hit with something soft.

What the hell? I remember getting to the house and celebrating the move with shots before I went to bed and crashed.

I try to open my eyes, but get blasted with light. I groan and roll to the side, letting my eyes adjust. I peer at the perpetrator, and see Luca grinning while clutching the offending pillow. I wait a second before lunging. Luca screams and runs out the door. I chase him around the house, tackling him in the living room and punch his chest.

"Help! I'm getting attacked!"

I hear running before the others come barging into the room, Nick with his gun drawn. They stop short and take in the scene - me in my bra and short shorts straddling Luca who is trying to dodge my punches - and burst into laughter. Nick rolls his eyes.

"Why are you laughing? Help me! She's dangerous!"

"What did you do?"

"Nothing! I was just waking her up like a nice person!"

I huff and stand up. "You did not!"

"Not like I'm not enjoying the show -  " Nick throws Cole a glare. "- but you should probably get dressed. " he finishes, glancing at the gun still in Nick's hand.

I smile, and run upstairs to get ready for school. I decide to wear a navy silk zip up jacket with ripped blue jeans. I slip on my white lace up heeled boots and put my hair up in a braided bun.

 I slip on my white lace up heeled boots and put my hair up in a braided bun