Chapter 6

Grayson's POV:

I look out the car door at my hometown. I'm glad to be back. My brother Jace and I have been traveling to different packs to find our mates, but it's been three months, and at 21 we've both begun losing hope.

"Can you mind-link Mia? Let her know we're almost home."

Mia? We're getting ready to pull up.

 Oh my god, I can't wait to see you guys! I have two human friends here, so act normal.

We park, but as we get out, my wolf - Jonah - is becoming restless. What's wrong with you? He just whines and tells me to hurry up.

"Is Victor acting weird?" I look at Jace as he gives a confused nod.

I open the door, barely stepping forward before I'm almost knocked over.

"It's so good you're home!" Mia steps back and looks at us both. "I'm sorry you had to come back without your mates, though."

I give her a small smile but falter as the smell of vanilla and raspberries hits my nose. I inhale and hear Jace groan.

"Mia, sorry but we're gonna go home. We don't want to intrude on your visit with your brothers." I glance at the person who spoke, a pretty girl with light brown hair, but my attention is immediately drawn to the redhead standing behind her.

That's our mate! She's beautiful. Jace mind-links me. I make a sound of agreement. I'm not surprised we have the same mate, as a lot of twins do, including our dads. 

It takes a few seconds for me to realize I've been staring. Mia clears her throat. "So...Katy, Lia, these are my brothers Jace and Grayson."

"Hi, nice to meet you." The girl - Katy - says. My mate slightly waves, not saying anything.

"Let me get my keys and I'll drive you home."

"Oh, no it's fine. We called Simon to pick us up." A car pulls up outside. "That's him. Perfect timing. Thanks for having us over."

"Of course! I'll see you guys later."

                                         *****************
The minute the door closes, Mia turns to us. "What was that about?"

I decide to play dumb. "What?"

She scoffs. "Both of you were practically drooling."

"Lia's our mate."

Understanding floods her face, quickly replaced by excitement. "Oh my god! That's amazing!"

"Yeah, except she's human. How are we supposed to tell her?"

 "I don't know. You'll have to talk to our parents."

 I nod, already figuring as much.

 "What's she like?" Jace asks.

 "She's doesn't talk much and is usually really nice." She coughs, laughing slightly. "But, um, she's also kinda crazy if you piss her off. She flipped a teacher off and walked out of their class on her first day, and two days later punched Duke Jacobs for touching her. He ended up going to the hospital for a broken jaw, but she didn't get in trouble cause he refused to admit he got his ass handed to him by a girl half his size."

I Iook at Jace, grinning. This is going to be fun.