Chapter 16

Mew's pov:

I relaxed back against him as he pulled me into his embrace.

He was sitting back, leaning on the headboard and i settled between his legs with my back to his chest.

We were in his bedroom.

His arms wound around my waist, resting on my belly as i laid my head back against his shoulder, touching my temple against his neck.

"Why did you never tell me about the pension?" He asked softly after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"I forgot about it really... I had given up on getting that money long ago after they abandoned me..." I sighed.

I honestly forgot that i was supposed to be receiving pension until Brian brought it up at the dinner.

"You're too selfless p'. Why did you make it so it would go directly into his account?" He grumbled.

"I loved them too much... They complaiend about how it was a hassle to have me transfer if after i get it every time. So i made it easier for them." I smiled thinly.

He tightened his arms around me.

I took one of his hands into mine and fiddled with his fingers gently.

"I contacted a psychiatrist this morning. She's pretty well-known and is rated quite well." He changed the subject.

"When is the appointment?" I asked.

"It's next week Monday afternoon. She's pretty booked up since she's really popular. I was lucky that a client had to cancel yesterday." He replied.

I nodded slightly.

I'll finally be getting the help I've needed for so long...

God knows how many times I've wanted to get help for myself...

But i never managed to gather enough money...

I nuzzled against his neck and closed my eyes.

He kissed my forehead gently, rubbing my belly in a soothing motion.

............

The next morning, i got a call just as we finished breakfast.

I blinked when i saw that it was Lorraine.

"Good morning, Lorraine." I picked it up nonetheless.

"Good morning, captain. We were wondering if you would be ok if we visited your place today." She spoke in a neutral tone like usual.

I looked at Gulf who was rinsing the dishes.

As if noticing my gaze, he turned look at me.

I was about to ask if it was ok to have them over when i heard Riko's voice in the background.

I didn't catch exactly what she said but i heard "already here".

"You're outside the building." I sighed.

She also sighed. "Yes sir."

I just know Riko and Brian planned this.

"Who's outside the building?" I looked at Gulf when he asked.

"The kids from my division." I replied, shaking my head slightly.

A smile formed on his face. "Invite them in. I would also love to meet the ones who you're fond of."

I couldn't help but blush slightly at that.

"13th floor 2nd apartment." I said into the phone.

"Ok, we'll be up in a minute." She said and hung up.