Chapter 1: Rejection

Beginning of "Pokemon Acceptance Arc"

I opened my eyes, wincing at the radiance of the morning sun as my eyes struggled to adjust to its brilliance. "I had that dream again." Ever since that day, I kept having the same dream almost every day. I kept being reminded as to why I dislike pokemon.

Standing up, I stifled a yawn and looked around my room. It was pretty bare except for my bed, my bookshelves, my cabinets and closet, and my desk that held my computer. I used to have pokemon stuff in my room, but for obvious reasons, I'd gotten rid of them.

I looked in the mirror, sighing at my appearance. Blonde hair, gray eyes, the same as Cynthia, giving me a harsh reminder as to who my mom is. I brushed some hair out of my face. "My hair is getting pretty long, I should tie it back," I mused to myself, before walking out of my room, making my way downstairs.

"Fly!" I heard a familiar voice say as I walked to the living room. A bipedal insectoid dragon with light green skin (if you would call it that) and a pair of rhombus-shaped wings with a red trim came floating to me excitedly. It was a pokemon called a Flygon, and quite frankly, it was the only pokemon I tolerated. It was my dad's partner pokemon.

He used to be an ex-Champion-level trainer that almost beat Cynthia when both of them were competing in the Sinnoh League for title of Champion. It was how my mom and dad met, actually. Obviously, Cynthia won in the end, but it was the league that brought them to fall in love with each other.

"Hey, Flygon." I smiled and stroked his head affectionally. He smiled and gave me a cute "Gon!" sound. As you probably already know, pokemon can only say their names. It was one mystery in their ever-expanding list of mysteries.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"Flygon!" His large eyes motioned to the kitchen and urged me to follow him.

There my father was, cooking for breakfast. His brown hair was pulled into a ponytail, his large, bulky body taking up almost all the space in the kitchen. When he noticed me, he turned and grinned. "Good morning, champ. You ready for you last day of school?"

"Do I really have to go today?" I groaned at the thought. School was hell for me. All the other kids there were scum, annoying me just because I didn't have a pokemon like they do. It made going the worst part of the day. These past few years I'd been getting into countless fights, all of which were petty as hell

My dad looked at me with an easy-going smile, "Come on, it's the last day. You've survived a lot more days of school already. Just get it over with and enjoy a whole three months with no assholes." My dad had been trying to do something about the idiots in the school, but no matter what, those morons never seemed to get in trouble because everyone in the school hated me, including the principal and teachers, so it was always biased. I'm surprised I didn't get expelled already.

 After a while, my dad stopped caring about me getting in trouble because most of the time it isn't my fault. He knew how I was feeling.

I sighed, "Fine. I guess I can survive one more day." I really didn't want to go to school. There were literally no redeeming qualities; I had no friends and every teacher had given up on me.

My father gave me a proud smile, "And maybe, one day, when you're ready... we could get you a partner pokemon? One that you could be happy with." He suggested.

I shook my head solemnly. Normally, when someone suggests getting a partner pokemon, I end up snapping at them, but I can't get mad at my dad, it's just not possible. "No, dad. I... can't. Never again will I cling on to that naïve dream."