CHAPTER FOUR

CIAN

I twist my neck left to right, feeling my body sore, and I want to raise my hand to rub the spot behind my neck and I realize I can't move my hands, that's when everything comes flowing back into my mind. I'm sitting on the floor, with the rope around my hands, and my little assassin sitting on the bed with the gun on her lap.

"I doubt you'll get the bounty money when I get out of this rope," I bait her. "I'm not here to kill you," she states cooly, looking me in the eye. My eyebrows raise a fraction."You killed one of my men," I state, not making any move to try and get out of the rope. Funny enough the rope was tied well, I could not get out of it. Seems like my girl is a rigger. She grins, "two, you should be thanking me, they were rats." "And you killed them because you're a good samaritan ridding the rats from my people?" I snort, I feel my lips twitch.

"I'm just settling a score," she says, shrugging her shoulders. I wondered what had transpired to have her kill my men.

"And where do I come in, in all of this?" I ask. Her face is solemn, and her eyes are suddenly haunted, filled with rage and sorrow, "I just need to find my sister." "Is she as pretty as you?" I ask, in an attempt to make a joke. But instead, her eyes narrow, and before I know it, one more time, her palm connects with my cheek, if my jaw wasn't sore enough, it was now.

My tongue massaged my cheek from the inside of my mouth, I hissed, "maybe that wasn't the right thing to say." "You fucking bet," she spits, clenching her hand in a fist. "Sorry to tell you, love, but I don't know your sister," I tell her. "You obviously don't know the names of all the women you send to sex dungeons," she says in response. My eyes narrow, "my business doesn't involve selling women." She scoffs, "if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were telling the truth."

I tilt my head to the side, in confusion, "what do you mean by that." "Leon Roarke, I've seen you with him three times!" she looks me over, disgust written all over her face. And I want to strangle that mother fucker. Her eyes, full of fire, meet mine and we stared at each other, no one saying a word. Until I did, "I don't follow."

"A number of your men are working for Roarke, two who have high positions among your men and you want to tell me you didn't know about it? I call bullshit!" "I'm telling you now, I don't know what the fuck you're on about, Roarke and I are not allies, never have been, never will be," I tell her, a part of me surprised she knows all this, the part that is feeling some sort of way that doesn't sit well with me, over her being around that sociopath. And another part of me is furious with myself, for I didn't realize she'd been tailing me for a long fucking time, and that my men who swore their loyalty to me, were going behind my back with a foe. She stands, pacing over the wooden floor, but my eyes are focused on the sway of her full hips as she does.

She stops suddenly, a tremor running through her body, before she straightens, pushing her shoulders back, and faces me once again. This time those pretty eyes are filled with fear, but still defiant."So you're telling me I've done zero work, zero progress, and wasted nine weeks of valuable time? And you'll probably kill me, so there's that."

She starts pacing again, mumbling to herself, "the only thing keeping me from losing my mind is the knowledge of her being alive through the ducking streams and records they post. I'm going to kill every single one of those fuckers, but I've got to find her first before they kill her. Or sell her off."

"I won't," I say. She halts in her pacing and looks at me with those worried, questioning eyes."I won't kill you, now untie me." She shakes her head, "do you think I'm ducking stupid?" "I give you my word, I never lie. I won't harm even one hair on your head, I'm simply uncomfortable in this position," I tell her, looking her straight in the eye. I can see the wheels turning in her head. "You can't use me as bait to Roarke, the moment you step out of this house, you'll probably be gunned down," I tell her.

Of course, I am bluffing but she doesn't need to know that. "There wasn't any security, not for a while now," she says. I grin, "why do you think that is? Do you think you could have easily entered my house last week to set up your cameras if I didn't have a hand in it? Or have a hide away in the house across the road?"

"You set me up," it dawns on her.