CHAPTER ONE

ERIS.

I stand by the wall, hiding in the shadows and watching as it all unfolds right before my eyes as I wanted it to. Well, maybe not entirely. "I swear I didn't do it!" the man was on his knees, his body shaking, his hands held together, as he pleads for his life, "I swear, I wouldn't betray the famiglia. Someone framed me, I can find out who it is!"

The man standing before him pursed his lips, looking bored, "you didn't answer my question, Rico, why did you do it? How much did they offer you? Fifty grand? Or was it a kilo of coke?" Rico, the man on the floor, shakes his head almost violently, "I wasn't offered anything, because I didn't do it!" The other man tsks, shaking his head, and gestured to another man standing close by, "make him talk!"

As fun as it was to watch, I have to hide, preferably get out of the warehouse, before I am caught. Car tires sounded, rolling through the tough gravel, I curse, immediately hiding behind the barrel in front of me, barely, before the headlights shine in my direction for a second. I really need to get out of here. I'd be dead if caught, or worse.

As quietly as I could I tiptoe to the side I came in from and skilfully jump over the fence, rushing to my waiting bike, starting it, and leaving, without sparing a second look behind. "Damn it!" I was almost caught. I need to be careful. I cursed internally, riding through the traffic, keeping guard, watching my rearview mirrors in case I was being tailed.

"Rico Sanchez, you're a dead man walking," I muttered to myself, as I cruised through many different alleys to my next location. In my calculation, they will not murder him just yet until they find all the dirt on him, but they'll have him ruffled up before he gets to his apartment, where I'll be waiting. The Raven Cartel did not play about their people, and like any mob organization, they were big on trust. I parked my bike a few blocks away from his apartment, and walked the rest of the way, mentally calculating the time of his death and how I'd deliver the package to the Ravens.

Easily picking the lock, I shook my head, for a mob guy, he had shitty security, not even CCTV in his building or anything. I had previously swept around his area for anything that could jeopardize my party for two tonight, even swept through his apartment for any bugs that would alert the rest but nothing.

I took a sit on a stool, not wanting to catch anything from his tarnished couch, for someone who made a lot of money, he used all of his on drugs.

I was on the verge of opening a can when I heard movement outside. "Alright man, I'll talk to you tomorrow to regroup," he was alone. 'No, you won't,' I mentally said, swiftly moving into position.

He is on guard, I knew he would be since his lights were on and he left them off, he slowly opened the door, gun in hand, took a step inside, and another, and another. Silently, I stepped behind him, the barrel of my gun on the back of his head, "put it down!" He tensed, his shoulders stiffening. That's right."I won't tell you again, put it down!" Rolling my eyes, I didn't wait for him to do so, I hit him at the back of his head, watching as his body sagged to the floor in quick succession. I worked quickly to pull his dead weight to the stool and tied him up, laying the stool with the seat to his back, he'll definitely be uncomfortable.

I looked at the clock, at most eleven pm, the show had to get on the road, I splashed him with the cold beer I was opening when he made his appearance. His eyes snapped open, his eyes wildly looking around and landed on me, he looked at me in question, then anger, he probably could not fathom how a woman could overpower him or put him in such a position.

"Did he believe you?" I asked casually, taking a gulp of the remaining content from the beer can. "Untie me, the moment I get out of this rope-" "You'll be dead!" I replied, "the moment you get out of that rope, you'll be a dead man." Not believing me, he threw his head back and laughed. For a second, I wondered if his ribs did not hurt enough from the beating he'd gotten earlier, testing for myself, I kicked him square in the chest.

His laughter ceased and he coughed a fit. "your laugh was annoying me," I shrugged, then smiled at him, "I got you a gift." I stood, looking around then grinned, mocking him, "don't move, okay?" I didn't wait for his reaction, I left his apartment door open went out, and came back a minute later, finding him in the same position obviously, with frustration on his face, "how the hell did you tie this shit?" "My mama taught me," I grinned. "Now look at what I got you!" I put the container on top of the table and grabbed a jug from his utensils.

"What the fuck is that?" he spat, he was scared, but he was a mafia man, so he had to act brave. I rolled my eyes, "be patient!"

I squat in front of him, looked at him, had his eyes look into mine, and I laughed, "I wouldn't have pegged you for a murderer!"

I went to touch him but he turned his head away, "what the fuck do you want?" I signed, "I told you, you messed with my sister, I kill you." He went on to say he did not know what I was talking about, probably not, since they made fun of kidnapping women, using them as they wished and when they were done, they'd murder them. Too bad, they did not know the one they'd messed with when they took my sister captive.

"Maybe this will refresh your memory," I said, even as bile rose in my mouth, I pulled up a video that had the man in front of me in it, as he and a few other men assaulted my sister. She looked drooped, drugged to the bone, she could barely move.

The sick fuck grinned, "ah I remember that cunt, she was a good one. You probably taste just as good." I didn't think, my fist connected with his face, again and again. Until the fog cleared in my head and I pulled away, "sorry about that, that wasn't part of the plan, you just pissed me off!"

I opened the container and the room was immediately consumed with the fumes of the content. "What the fuck is that?" he asked. I ignored, took one of the shirts laying around, and thrust it into his mouth until it was full, "I don't need you screaming like a girl" Carefully, I poured the acid into the jug, my nose itching from the strong scent it produced.

From the jug, I poured a small amount on a cloth and watched the fabric erode from the acid, "oops!" Rico shook his head violently, muttering so many words I could not make sense of through the cloth. His eyes showed how scared he was. He just realized he was going to die.

I looked him over, "every part of you that touched her will be washed away, so which part should we start with?" He still shook his head, tears flowing from his eyes, wordlessly begging me to spare him, yet they did not spare my sister when she was begging for death when they used and abused her for forty-six days.

I poured a jug full into his hands, heard his muffled screams, and watched as his skin turned red, the acid eating through his flesh. Eventually, I poured water on the burns. I poured some more acid into a glass cup and put it to his lips, "you're going to drink this!" He shook his head, of course, he did, who wouldn't? He started muttering again through the cloth, I pulled it out, "please, just kill me! Just kill me!" Was that how it was? when she was begging them? I shook my head, "drink it! If you survive, I'll not kill you." He doubted me, "you came here to kill me, so I don't believe you. Please just do it!"

I put the cloth back in his mouth and poured acid on his crotch, watched the acid eating through his clothes, poured more as it did until his skin was showing, and that's when I took the cloth out and poured the cup down his throat, watched his tongue reacting to the acid. He eventually passed out, his heart giving up on him and I worked quickly to untie him.

Picking up my phone, I dialed, the receiver answering in a beat, "Eris, I swear to god-" "Send two guys, I need a package dropped off," I answered then cut the call. Texting the address. I knew I'd have an earful from my brother later, but that was the least of my concerns.

1. Leon ✅

2. Rico ✅

The list is getting longer. I am excited!