Chapter 22

-Blaine Sam Brodriguez Point of View-

My eyes flew open. The first thing I saw was Rico's face. I had to blink so many times and I got up.  "What time is it?"

"It's 4 in the morning."

"Ah, why am I in your tent?"

He chuckled. "You don't remember you decided to stay here?"

"Oh."

"Want some?" He took a spanish bread from his bag. "It's mine then. Hmm. It's good! Are you sure you don't want to eat?"

"Hey, give me some!" I snatched it and I took one. 

"Is that why you're avoiding ?" a voice said outside the tent.

Rico and I widened our eyes. It was Denver!

"Yes, he's the one I really like."

We listened carefully in their conversation. "What about the other one? The one who likes you?"

 "I rejected him." He said. Huh? Jian??? Rejected by Denver?

 "Let's go." Denver replied. "We can't attack him in this hour. Someone might wake up."

When their footsteps vanished, I looked over at Rico. "Who are they targeting?"

Rico just shrugged as if he hadn't had a clue.  "No idea."

"You're lying."

"And did you forget again?"

I sighed. "Okay, if you wish, master."

We went to the shower room in the gym around five in the morning. It was only me and him in the area. The rest of the students were still asleep. After taking a shower, I was surprised to see Rico...naked. Like fully naked.

"HEY! WHERE'S YOUR CLOTHES?" I yelled.

Rico grabbed the towel and wrapped it in his front. "Oh, sorry."

"Next time, just be naked in the shower. Not here."

His eyes fled to my chest. "Can I...touch your boobs?"

I shielded my chest. "Just because I touched yours doesn't mean you have to right to touch mine!"

"But they're cute." 

I grabbed the other towel and smacked at him. "Cute, my ass! You're out of your mind again."

****

I got seperated from Rico the whole morning, and lowkey started to investigate Denver's action. Something was really off about what I've heard. Then we had a building a volcano game.

I saw Jian eyeing me, Kenneth and Rico every minute. I frowned and had to stay cool as I was piling the clay. 

"Blaine" I heard Liz say behind me. I turned at her. Her hands were full of clay. Krissy slowly walked towards us. "I need to talk to you."

I scoffed. "Is there something to talk about?"

"Yes. It's important."

I've heard that she broke up with Eddie. That's why she's doing everything to redeem herself. I've heard from Krissy. Does she even deserve it? I think not.I was getting cold from what happened. And I hated how they don't say sorry when they do something wrong.

I just continued walking and ignored her. She was with Krissy. "You need to know something--"

 "LEAVE ME!" I shouted without looking at him.he caught up and grabbed my arm "Blai-"

 "Why would you shut the hell up and leave me alone!" I sneered.
 "Blaine, forgive me-" Krissy added.

 "NO! I don't want another confrontation! just get out of my face!"

****

During lunch time, I followed Jian to a warehouse behind school. I want to know once and for all. But this leads me into something new.

 The direction does not go near the gym.I entered the warehouse. I slowed my footsteps.

 I saw five men inside. What is this? Did Jian join a cult? Wait. Their faces seem familiar.

 My breath unhinged when I saw Denver. He approached Jian. I gasped when I saw Kiko lying on the ground, unconscious. "So, it's over? You beat Kiko Garcia. Next is that Kenneth and his friend."

 "Why?" Jian asked.

 "Those two gave me a headache."  I've never seen that anger in Denver's eyes. "I was defamed by my girlfriend when I was in grade 9. They deserve to be beaten. So do it. If you want to prove that you love me."

 I was retreating back when something hard hit my head. And my surroundings went black.

-Jericho Fernando Point of View-

"Echo!" I was surprised when someone came in front of the erupting volcano.

"Hey! Are you trying to kill yourself?" I asked Liz.

"It's Blaine! He's in danger."

"Huh?"

"I noticed that he was following Jian earlier! I had this bad feeling that he might get hurt!" said Liz."Your ugly boyfriend insulted him. I don't think I'm obliged to believe what you say."

"Ex-boyfriend." She corrected. But I saw serious panic in her eyes. "We have to get to the warehouse where Jian and Denver are meeting!"