Dawn Pt. 2

*flashback

Scott grabbed Cherry by the back of her shirt and dragged her through the portal. I glanced at my friends seeing that none of them were doing anything to help. Auntie Pearl said that as you get older you'll get more responsible. So why was I, the youngest, going through?

I sprinted through the portal in an attempt to go faster but it was all in vain. As soon as I leapt through evil Scott hit me with a chilling ice blast. It felt like my bones were freezing. I couldn't move. My entire body shut down. I faintly remember being dragged through something cold and sharp. Then I lost consciousness. 

*end of flashback

I woke up to Cherry's soft hands shaking me awake. Slowly I rose from the ground to see that Cherry and I were in a hole only illuminated by one of Cherry's torches. It was quite cold and I was shivering.

"Where are we?" I asked. Cherry shrugged and pulled out a pickaxe. I pulled out mine as well and together we mined through 5 layers of ice, revealing the ocean above us. Water immediately started falling in so I grabbed Cherry's hand and rocketed to the surface with my elytra.

"Do you know where we are now?" Cherry yelled over the waves. I lost her through the fly upwards and the ocean did nothing to help me find her.  It was a force of darkness; black beasts crashing against each other, trying to drown their victims. What ever happened to the angel I once knew? Corrupted by the devil.

"Not exactly. How far can you swim?" I screamed, finally locating her overalls in the devil of an ocean.

"I have a boat." This girl, brought a boat to several different empires and a second dimension. What is wrong with her. She placed it down and I climbed in after her. She started rowing south, which would make sense. If I knew my geography, we would hit either the Cod Empire or Mythland.

Soon enough, the Cod Empire came into view. It had to be the cod. Cherry didn't seem too sad and to be fair I wasn't either. I just would've preferred Lord Sausage to Whatever-His-Title-Is Jimmy.

Cod started congregating around our boat so I hopped out and swam the rest of the way to shore. Cherry was right behind me, only stopping to fold up the boat. I started wringing my hair and dress out while walking towards the drawing chamber. Whatever-His-Title-Is Jimmy was over there chatting with some cod.

"Hey," I shouted.

Whatever-His-Title-Is Jimmy turned his head towards me and stopped his conversation with the cod. "What brings you 'round here?"

"You remember Xornoth?"

"Don't tell me he's back," Whatever-His-Title-Is Jimmy sighed.

"No," I said, "And um, it's a long story. The heirs and I traveled to another dimension and accidentally lead their version of Xornoth here. Then we got split up and stuff happened and now we're here. Oh and, their version of Xornoth is an evil Scott." 

"So you're saying that bad stuff is gonna happen." I nodded. Cherry walked up behind me. "What am I needed to do?"

"Help, I guess. Try and stop Evil Scott for taking over this dimension."

"Do you know where any of your friends are?" Jimmy asked.

"I received a message from Ruby. Her, Coral, and Cacti are their because Pixandria is covered in ice." Cherry finished her message.

"I'll bring some to my empire and Cherry, can you go ask Sausage if he can host some Pixandrians?" He continued when she nodded, "You and I will see what we can help with."

Cherry left and not long after, Jimmy and I left too. The flight was silent, very silent. When we finally reached Mezalia there was an awful lot amount of Pixandrians there. I spotted Ruby, Coral, and of course Cacti. I was surprised to not see Meza here. This would be her future empire. 

"Joel!" Jimmy yelled, "Do you need any help?" King Joel nodded as Jimmy and I swooped in for the landing. "I'll take some back to my empire." 

Ruby ran over to me, concern etched across her face. "Are you okay? Where's Cherry?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down Ruby. Cherry is safe, she's asking King Sausage if he'll take some Pixandrians," I quickly said, "Jimmy and I are here to take some to the Cod Empire."

"Good, cause we're gonna need it," Ruby said, running off to help an elderly couple off the boat. I didn't really know what to do so I started building a boat out of jungle wood. Not a two person one but a 20 person one. I added oars and steering and a roof. It was the ugliest boat I'd even built (I'd built 14 before), but it would get the job done.

Jimmy had a line of people ready to board my boat just as I finished carving in the name. Sun, my mother's name. I was technically Pearl's niece but still the heir to the throne. 

Then Coral came running over, screaming, "I can help!" Once everyone set to go to the Cod Empire was on it, I pushed off from the dock and Coral pushed us through the water. I started gathering seaweed and when I had enough I used it to push the boat forward even faster. We would hopefully have to go back to Mezalia and pick up those heading to Mythland.

"One problem at a time," I whispered to myself.

Jimmy walk up to where I was, steering the boat. "You're good at this for living in a landlocked empire."

"Sausage would often take my mom and I on boat outings." 

"That's nice of him." Jimmy left soon after. Over the small hour we'd spent together, I'd started to gain respect for the cod loving emperor. I was changing, maybe for the better.

————

A/N: I UPDATED THIS!!! I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! Word Count: 960. This story is probably going to get shorter chapters to keep my motivation at its peak.