Chapter 90: Nuisance

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

"Maybe they found out that we hacked into their system the last time." Kyoko was right. This organization is going downhill without me.

"Who told you to do it?"

Endo looked down at my hands and looked confused back up. "Aren't you going to wash your hands?" He pointed towards them.

"Why? Do you want to taste some dick blood?" I raised my right hand to his mouth and the other one to the back of his head and I held him there, trying to push his mouth open with the side of my hand. He looked disgusted and panicked, trying to push my hand away.

"Mavis. Endo. That's enough."

We both stopped and I turned towards Kazue again. "What do you think about the hero problem? Can you kill the head of their organization?"

"I could, but I promised something so you would have to wait till spring." Kazue sighed and stood up. His posture straight and his hands clasped behind his back. It was time I would secure their safety from the heroes for even a little while, so this didn't sound like a dumb idea in my head.

"How about I get a deal between the Hero Commission and Yamaguchi?"

~

I left Elara with Akito when he came to the hospital. Even though Hawks was there too, I couldn't introduce them while I had vile things going on in my mind. It wasn't my fault, I can't control my anger if it comes to the children that I took under my wing. Even though I left Elara, I trusted the others enough to keep her safe.

Looks like it was wrong of me. After all, most of them are focused on themselves.

So when I arrived, I expected to see Elara in my bed, like I instructed Akito to. Instead of resting, she is running around and trying to play with Eri, who just lets herself get pulled around.

While Elara talked with others with a happy expression, Eri just watched them. The great hall was full enough to call it a big gathering if you don't consider the room size. Maybe around 170-200 people were here, I wasn't really counting.

Even though it looked like the decorations went nowhere when I watched them, it looks pretty decent here now. With golden and black balloons. On my right side at the far back was a buffet. Twice was handing the little kids air snakes and on the floor was already black confetti.

They carried couches and tables in here, stools around some high round tables. When I scanned the hall, I found Emessa not too far away from the kids, keeping an eye on them while talking with Endo and Ahma.

Someone offered me a glass of champagne. I looked from the glass, to the man and raised a brow. "I think you need this more than most of us right now." Hawks said. No joking. No grinning. He was just looking at me and holding two glasses of champagne. One for him, one for me.

"I don't really like champagne." I still took it, but rolled it around in the glass slightly while watching it. "You don't drink?"

"I do." I looked up to Hawks, then drank the liquor in one go. "I like vodka more, though. This just tastes like fancy fizzy water." I looked back to the children and watched Elara laughing at something Eri said. "How about I mix you a martini? I'm pretty good at that." Hawks caught my attention again, and I turned my head towards him. He was smiling this time.