Tom stood in the hallway his back to the grandfather clock hearing the irritating ticking echoing in his ears like taunt at her tardiness.

It was quarter to 8 he specifically said 7.30 yet she was still not here.

They where going to be late.

He was fiddling with the cuffs of his suit jacket when he saw her out of the corner if his eye, cascading down the staircase like a angel. 

He turned to look at her fully his mouth parting slightly as he consumed her entire appearance. She was wearing a shin length black dress with a low v neck line that exposed her shoulders and long milkmaid sleeves.

Her neck held a a single black diamond pendant on a gold chain matching the ring on her finger he had given her.

She walked past him, as if he was nothing but a shadow her eyes glued to the door as she picked up her brown fur coat.

He examined her face, her once dull pale skin was gone, her dark brooding under eye circles covered by her makeup and pointed eyeliner making her once lifeless sluggish eyes once again sharp and fiery pupils of sea green.

Her cheeks were dusted with rogue her lips painted like red wine. Her ghost of appearance covered up by foundation and false pigments.

Selfishly, for a moment it angered Tom to see Aurora look so average, to not be tearing herself apart they way he had in the depths of their solitary, to not be writhing in unbearable agony from not being close to him.

She wasn't hurting visibly, she wasn't hurting like he was.

He knew the bags under his eyes where visible from the countless nights tossing and turning because the bed just felt to empty, to cold. He knew his voice had a gruffer edge to it than his average smooth like steel accent.

He had been snapping at people he shouldnt snap at, not keeping an eye on people he should be watching closely.

He needed to focus but... he just couldn't.

"Let's just get this over with" She muttered softly pulling her coat up onto her shoulders.

"Right" he replied moving infront of her to open the door.

She wisked past him without a second glance heading to the sleek black car out front, he followed her closely and open the second door so she could step in.

She huddled in the furthest corner of the car sinking deeper into the soft fur of her coat, like a shield.

They sat in thick silence as the car pulled away from the house, both sets of eyes glued to the leather seats infront of them. It was going to be a long night.

《《《°•°•°○●○°•°•°》》

"Aurora?" "Auroraaa" "Aurora!" Aurora snapped her eyes back up from her glass of orange juice to Domminc's curious glance eyeing her with concern.

"Are you alright? You've been drifting in and out of conversations all night. Is something on your mind?" She asked smiling kindly down at her placing her hand on Auroras shoulders making her shiver.

For a moment she was going to reply politely, tell her it was just pregnancy cramps but then it fell in her like a ton of bricks what this girl was part of.

Behind the dancing brown eyes and glamorous gold dress she was a monster. Excusing the actions that brutally slaughtered thousands of people, supporting a cause that condoned millions to their death. 

"Leave me alone" she hissed shrugging her hand off and walking away completely forgetting she was meant to be smiling prettily at the gentleman beside Tom pretending to be interested in his babbling about the stock market.