Knowing Your Enemy

I woke up the next morning, dreading more lying. It seemed to me the only person I could tell the truth to was Jack. Strange. After yesterday's fail, I decided to learn more about Alberto. If you want to find where the enemy put your locket then study the enemy. You must be Knowing your Enemy. And that's exactly what me and Jack were going to do today. Spy on the enemy. I wore a military green tank top and denim jeans with flip flops. I met Jack at the pool. He was waiting in his palm tree t-shirt and jeans with white converse. "Ready?" He smirked.

"Ready." I said. He took out binoculars from a bag, I assumed had spying stuff inside them.

"Here." He handed them over to me and took another one out of the bag.

"I have his schedule right here." He said, he handed me the schedule. "He should be at the beach, right now doing Life Guard training." He says pointing out where it says so. "Let's go." He says getting up and me doing the same. We reached the beach 15 minutes later, spotting him immediately by the oceans. We went behind a tree a good distance away, but close to spy on him with the binoculars. We spied there for 30 minutes, then I started getting impatient. "What are we even looking for?" I ask.
"I dunno. This was your idea. I'm just following along." He shrugs.

"Let's go. We'll find nothing like this. We need to dig deeper." I say, studying the schedule. "Look, he finishes his shift at 7 and has nothing left to do. Lets meet up at 6:30 by the pool, wait for him to finish the shift and follow. See where he goes." I say pointing to the schedule showing Jack. "Besides, I'm sure Jess wants to some time with you. Otherwise she'll get suspicious." I point out. "And where black, when we meet up later." I add. He nods and we go our separate ways. You know, this whole situation has been hard, since I'd been lying a lot to Alex. And I mean, a lot. I might as well use my spare time to meet up with Alex. I text Alex to meet me at the pool for some quality boyfriend, girlfriend time. He agrees and we're laughing and talking 20 minutes later.

We go our separate ways at 6 and I rush back to the hotel room to dress in black. I wear a black tank top, black leather jacket, black Jeggings, black beanie and white converse. I reach the pool at 6:30, on the dot. Jack was there waiting already. The sun was setting at that time, so it was smart to wear dark clothes. Me and Jack, hid in places here and there by the pool until Alberto, finally left at 7:10 p.m.

We saw him leaving so we rushed to the hotel room first. Jack took keys from his pockets and jiggled them in my face. "No. We'll get caught." I say to him. "Come, on. Do you want the locket or not?" He says. "Fine." I give in and let him open the door. 5 minutes of being in the hotel room I hear a key going into the door and I whisper to Jack 'Hide'. He hides in the laundry room, and I hide behind the living room curtains. Alberto walks into the kitchen and makes himself coffee and walks into the living room watching TV for 30 minutes. He suddenly, takes out something from his pocket and puts the thing on the table in front of him. He walks into the kitchen, and I take a closer peak at the coffee table and realise it's my locket!

He said he disposed it. That liar! I carefully tiptoe to the table when I hear footsteps coming back, so I tiptoe back to the curtains. Alberto picks up the locket and chuckles. "Couldn't forget you, could I?" He chuckles. He puts it in his pocket, turns off the living room lights and goes to his room, soon after falling asleep 10 minutes later. I decide that it's safe to leave now and go get Jack. I knock very quietly on the laundry room door and Jack opens, looking relieved. He gets the keys and carefully opens the door, and locking it after him. "Did you get anything?" Jack asks. "I know that he keeps the locket with him. And that he definitely didn't dispose it." I say. Jack scratches his head. "Ok. That's good. We'll meet at the reception desk tomorrow at 2. Goodnight." Jack says and we go our different directions.