24.

I wake up to bright sunlight beaming through the curtains. I have a slight headache but nothing to bad. I remember everything from last night and I'm definitely feeling it in my knuckles.

I see Atlas is not in bed as per usual, so I do my morning routine before heading downstairs.

" Good morning! You're just in time for breakfast " Vera says holding up some bacon.

Before I know it, I'm running into the nearest bathroom and I begin dry heaving. I feel a small hand rubbing circles on my back, telling me Vera is trying to soothe me.

Uncontrollable tears fall down my face as I grip the sides of the toilet seat, my knuckles white.

The contents of last night finally come up, and after what feels like an hour of torture, my stomach finally seems to settle.

" I thought my hangover was bad, how about you go get cleaned up and I'll make you a smoothie?" Vera says.

" I've never had a hangover before, I usually never get one. " I say

" Shocking" a deep voice mumbles.

" What's that supposed to mean? " I say as I see Atlas leaning against the door frame.

" You were like a little kid last night , you were so drunk. So I was just saying I'm surprised you feel fine. " he says with a shrug.

" Right , excuse us one moment " I say as I slowly get up and nudge him to follow me.

We head upstairs and I close our door before looking at him. He doesn't look back at me , but looks at the wall behind me.

" What is going on? "

" Nothing , what's going on with you? "

" Honey , if you're stressed we can get through it together just talk to me about it. I am worried about you " I say.

" Serena once again nothing is going on "

" You have been acting different than you usually do , treating me different than usual. I don't know I just want us to be okay, more importantly I want you to be okay"

" I don't know how. Maybe the honey moon phase wore off on me , maybe I'm just showing my true colors. But in my eyes , you are just overthinking and it's starting to annoy me " he says with a shrug.

I am stunned to silence by his words. This is not the man I fell in love with such a short time ago. I feel confusion, anger, and sadness pull at my heart strings but I hold them back to the best of my ability.

" It's starting to annoy you? Atlas , all I've asked of you is to communicate with me and you call that annoying? I'm overthinking because of the way you're treating me , which is very much different from the way it use to be. When was the last time we went on a date? Or held hands? Anything of the sort " I say.

" I don't have time for this Serena "

" What do you mean?! Time for me? Time for our relationship? Or in general?" I say a bit loud.

He scoffs before closing his eyes and shaking his head. He mumbles incoherent words before looking up and at the wall again.

" I know summer is over soon and college starts but that's not a reason to treat me like shit! I thought we agreed to communicate and trust each other "

" Are you just going to ignore me Atlas? " I say after another moment of silence

Tears are now streaming down my face and I feel my world crumbling. Atlas moves past me and walks out out, slamming the door.