𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

tw: sexual assault mentioned, not detailed

Zane decided to check on Alaska the next day. She hadn't came out of her room all morning, knocking on her door before entering. She paused Great British Bake Show when he walked in. "I was just making sure you're alive."

"I'm alive." she said in return as he shut the door and walked over. "I'm sorry for last night."

"Don't worry about it. You'll have to get your Mom new flowers though, she's having a funeral for them right now." he crawled next to her, holding his arm up for her to lay on his chest as his arm went around her shoulders. "What happened?"

She inhaled with a shrug. "Miguel and I got into an argument, and I got so mad I tried to hit him."

"Then a karate war went on in the front yard." he hummed, touching one of the bruises on her face as she winced. "I think you both probably said things you didn't mean."

Alaska exhaled. "Dad?"

"Yeah?" he asked her.

"Things have been different." she had to admit it. "Sine the All Valley...i've felt bad about it all. I've been so angry, and I don't know how to handle it all."

"Well, you're allowed to be angry. What happened was bullshit." he agreed with her. "It's being able to handle it that is what you need to learn how to do. Taking it out on everyone else isn't gonna fix anything."

"It didn't make me feel better when I stabbed Terry in the leg either." she pointed out as Zane froze at her words. "I forgot to tell you that."

He cleared his throat. "Is he dead?"

"No, of course not." she shook her head as he let a breath go. "What i'm saying is I don't think i'm angry at anyone else. I think i'm just angry at myself but don't know how to punish me like how I can other people."

Zane rubbed the side of her head. "You have no reason to be mad at yourself. It's not your fault, non of that is."

"Yes, it is." Alaska corrected him. "I used in the first place. If I hadn't, non of this would have happened. If I didn't use, I wouldn't rely on Miguel for my sobriety and we would have never fought, I wouldn't have anything for Terry to mock me with, the world wouldn't feel so hard to fight every day. It's just so suffocating and i'm so pissed off! I'm pissed off!"

"Okay, you're pissed off." Zane agreed with her. "What do you wanna do with that anger?"

Alaska inhaled. "I wanna hurt someone with it."

"I see." Zane sat up with a deep inhale. "I have an idea. You might not like it, but it helps me."

Alaska gave a hesitant look as she stayed in her bed. "What?"

She sat right in front of a high dollar therapist.

"Your Dad says you suffer from anger." Mrs.Glaw stared at Alaska. "Do you wanna tell me about that?"