𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

this chapter has NOTHING to do with the plot of storyline of the rest of this book

this chapter has NOTHING to do with the plot of storyline of the rest of this book. it's simply a bonus chapter to comfort and provide love to my readers that are anything like me and are struggling with father's day and would like to live vicariously through someone with an amazing dad.

"You look a bit miserable." Zane looked into Alaskas room. It was after she'd just broken her hand and sprained the other, bed bounded and sulking about not being able to preform in the All Valley. "How's the hands?"

"The hands are in pain." Alaska sighed, looking to her ibuprofen. "He isn't helping."

"Damn him." he walked into her room. "I think I have the perfect antidote for this."

"Not having to deal with being sober and having normal main medication?" she gave him a huff of annoyance, with her hands rather then him.

"Even better." Zane pointed out, scooping her up into his arms with a loud exhale. "A little Dad love."

She dropped her head onto his shoulder as he fought the urge to rock her like he had when she was little. "This sucks."

"I know, i'm sorry, darling." he rubbed her back. "The first few days will be the hardest, then you'll start to feel a bit better."

"Sensei Lawrence is gonna be so disappointed in me." she sighed. "He was really counting on me for the All Valley."

"Don't worry about that angry blonde one." he kissed the side of her head. "No one exist outside of your room right now."

Cedric barked from down stairs, making them both laugh. "Aside Cedric."

"You mad that I beat up Kreese?" she asked him honestly.

"Your mother would like me to say yes..." he trialed off. "So, because I know she can listen through the walls, i'm gonna say yes."

It made her smile, her head got heavier. "I wish Great British Bake Off had more seasons."

"Did you watch the holiday special?" he hummed, getting a head nod. "Let me tell you about british people baking then."

"Oh god." Alaska braced herself.

"Me, your great Nan, and Auntie Silvie were home for the week, cooking up a terrible plan to surprise your mother for her birthday. It was her first time in the UK and we wanted to make it special for her." he adjusted her sitting some when his leg went a little numb. "It was also the first time everyone was meeting her, and I was so nervous I would have rather played Rugby. And let me tell you, I was horrible at Rugby!"

"I know." Alaska had to laugh. "I've seen it."

"But, if there's one thing i'm worse at then Rugby..." he trialed off. "It's cracking two eggs in one hand. But, I was trying to impress my girlfriend me did it about three times. Silvie puts it in the oven, Nan starts cleaning up, the Apple cake is ready, and guess what happened?"

"What?" she hummed.

"I dropped an entire egg in there in the process of trying to crack two." he shook her slightly when he said it. "Just a hard boiled egg right in the middle of poor Gina's cake."

Alaksa had to laugh, because she could see it so perfectly. "That's gross."

"I've never looked at eggs or apples the same since." he shook his head. "Why do you think we've ordered all your birthday cakes now?"

"I like my ordered cakes." she admitted. "It's very....yes."

"Very yes is always a good one." he did rock her slightly. "I can't believe how old you are now, I remember when you were so small and i'd have to drag you around the house on that green blanket."

"That thing would likely fall apart if anyone tugged on it now." she pointed out, making him smile.

"We wanted to wait until you were born to know if you were a girl or a boy, so I had to get a gender neutral colour in the nursery while your Mum was in labor." he shook his head, shutting his eyes a moment. "And then the elevator breaks, so I have to run up the stairs super fast, but she was all the way at the top. So, i'm sweating and I can't breath, holding this green blanket. And I throw open the door, just a yelling 'Where's Gina? Is she okay?' and then I see you, silent to the world but wide away, just laying there."

Alaska smiled as she felt him lean against her head. "And i'm looking at you, okay? And i'm thinking, why's this baby not crying, is something wrong? But you're just staring at me, with this big ol brown eyes, and I knew you were okay. You were just an observer, you were watching, waiting for the moment to want to cry. I thought I knew what love was until that day, and when I saw you, I knew that i'd never known a single ounce of love before I met you."

Alaska shut her eyes, letting her Dads words help heal her pain, distract anxiety and provide her so much love and warmth that it wasn't crossing her mind. Zane kissed her forehead. "That's why I never wanted another kid. I never wanted to love anyone else the same way I loved you. I wanted all my love to go to my baby girl."

Alaskas arms tightened around him. "It did."

"I know it did." Zane rocked her for a second again. "And it always will."

kylie speaks

zane lee has became my
greatest comfort on such
a shitty day like this one
and i hope he can do the same
for anyone else that needs
it.

zane lee has became mygreatest comfort on sucha shitty day like this one and i hope he can do the samefor anyone else that needsit