𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

Alaska passed her fathers office, looking inside and finding he wasn't there

Alaska passed her fathers office, looking inside and finding he wasn't there. As she shut the doors she headed down stairs, finding her mom in the kitchen, cutting a sandwich. After last night, the pair didn't speak much once the LaRussos and Robby left. When Alaska cleared her throat, Gina looked up with a sigh, "Morning."

"Morning." Alaska said back, standing awkwardly by the stairs, "Is that a sandwich you're making or are you just pretending it's me?"

Gina tried to hide her smile as she cut the sandwich in fours, her favorite way to eat them, "Is that your way of apologizing?"

"It is." Alaska said as she walked over hesitantly, "I'm really sorry for how i've been actually lately, there's just a lot happening in my brain lately."

Gina looked at her daughter with a small sigh, "Why can't you come to me about it? You always use to talk to me about your problems."

Alaska truly wished she could talk to her parents about going through her sobriety, she knew they'd be the two people that would help her more then anything. But she couldn't, and she knew that, "It's more of a internal thing, I guess."

Gina sighed as she gave Alaska one of the squares, "Honey, I know your father and I haven't been very good at communicating lately."

Alaska was glad she bite into the sandwich, if she hadn't she'd probably snap at her.

"The arguing, I know it isn't easy on you either." Gina said with a nod. Alaska wondered why now, after two years, she finally wanted to talk about it, "We've just been having a lot of differences lately, and it's not your fault, non of it. We've started looking into marriage councilors."

Alaska sighed in relief at her words, thankful maybe for once the arguing would stop and she wouldn't want to rip her hair out, "Thats really good, mom, but if you're just doing it for me-"

"I love your father." Gina cut her off quickly with a small nod, a sad smile on her face, "I've always loved him, he's the center of my world. We've gone through a rough patch, I can admit that, but it's because we couldn't communicate like we use to. We've both changed over the years, that's not necessarily a bad thing but our ways are different then how they were back then when we were young and carefree. We've got to grow though, work together so we don't break."

Alaska took her words to heart as she looked down, eyeing the hawk tattoo on her finger. Gina watched Alaskas familiar facial expression, "Maybe you needed to hear that too?"

"Maybe so." Alaska said with a sigh, looking up at her mother. Their eyes were the exact same, a chestnut brown color that was easy to get lost in if you stared long enough, "Did you miss dad? When the two of you argued? When you forgot how to communicate."

"All the time." Gina said with a small smile, listening to Zanes laugh from the garage, "It all just had to start when you put all your cards on the table, get everything off your chest, then that's when you can understand each other."