Epilogue

Epilogue

Aiden sat in the middle of the woods, he was surrounded by a large group of people. They were sitting on a large collection of blankets. Some had brought their own foldable chairs, and there were even a few collapsable tables scattered around the clearing. The sunrays were warm and bright through the thin covering of trees.

Eben was sitting in one of those comfortable camping chairs, right next to Ashton as the two of them discussed the travel plans that each pack had for the upcoming year. Melina and her partner, who had first met twelve years ago at Ashton's packhouse, sat on the other side of the blanket from them, holding their little bundle of joy in an adorable green onesie. The little baby babbled and giggled away as a little butterfly flew in their line of sight.

Three other children surrounded the happy couple. They each had blonde hair but their eye colours were all different. Channon and Channing were sitting by their parents and their partners, keeping a careful eye on the trio of trouble. The two of them were very proud of their children, carrying on their troublemaking tendencies. However, they now understood how frustrating they were as children.

Oran hadn't found themself a partner as of yet, though they didn't mind that at all. They much preferred to look after the children, now that Abilene had her own family to care for. Abilene had found the miracle that she waited for the majority of her life. It was not uncommon for werewolves to take in others who didn't have a home, the rarity was finding a wolf who didn't have a home. Abilene now looked after a gorgeous little girl, who was far shyer than anybody she had ever met, but the child was her life now.

Tempest and Moss remained at the packhouse, providing training as usual. Since the sharing of emails, it has become a lot easier to plan training events. The couple were ecstatic to lead a few training courses. The other couples of Ralph's pack similarly kept their roles, each of them happy with their place as grandparents.

Randall was a bit of a different story. It started around five years after he first met Adah. The two of them were as close as you could get. They were the best of friends, until Albion confronted him. It led to a rather big argument between the two men. It took around two months for everything to be on somewhat well terms. A result of that was Randall and Adah starting to date.

It was difficult for Ralph to see his brother leave the pack. It took him a while to get used to not hearing his brother's voice teasing him when he was in wolf form, Above anything, he understood Randall's feelings. He knew that Randall had to do this in order to stay happy. He had never seen him happier than when he was with Adah.

The happy couple were sitting just by Eben, Randall chatted away to his brother whilst Adah interjected some more specific detail. Albion, Amari and Emi were sitting a few feet away. They were talking to Arkin and a few other members of his pack. Carme had also been talking to them but she was soon distracted by Waverly and her children. The group were talking about the expansion of Emi's business. She had inherited it almost immediately after her parents realised they weren't the business people suited for the job. The couple didn't last long without their child living in their house. It felt empty, they even missed Karim's rebellious nature.

Rasmus stuck to his pack, as he usually did at these events. Alora, Dillion and Kian had set up a rather elaborate game in the centre of the clearing. It was a silly little tournament that they created during their first meet up. It was a series of physical competitions. To Harlow and Aiden, it felt like they were having a sports day. Though, it wasn't just the kids who were involved in the games. There was a series for the children and a series for the adults.

Harlow was the judge. Ever since he became alpha, he had risen in the werewolf world. He had become much more confident and outgoing since he got together with Karim. Aiden often told Karim that he was the best thing to have ever happened to his brother, nothing could make Harlow happier. Harlow had continued his training with Moss, the sessions starting to involve more and more wolves as they found out.

"Aiden!" Harlow shouted and held up his phone. The chatter of the crowd made it difficult for him to hear. "Your turn!" Aiden groaned, kissed Ralph on the cheek and then stood up to answer the phone.

"Hello?" He sent Harlow a playful glare as he leant on a tree beside him. The familiar woods constantly holding a finger on his nostalgia button. It was the clearing in the woods where he first saw Ralph, fourteen years ago.

"Oh good, Aiden." His mother, Penny, sighed over the phone. "I was trying to talk to Harlow but he couldn't hear me, so he says." She scoffed slightly into the phone. "Are you coming around this weekend? I'm going food shopping today and I need to know."

"Ma, we've been coming every weekend for the past three years." Aiden chuckled into the phone. "Why wouldn't we be coming over?"

"Just wanted to make sure\m lovely. I'm sure you're sick of us by now." A voice could be heard on the other side of the phone, barely understandable. "I said what I said Steve, I know you're annoying."

Aiden laughed and shook his head. "We'll be there, you can count on it. Food for six. I'll pay you when I get there too." Penny tutted into the phone.

"You know you don't need to do that sweetie," her tone was calm and sweet. "Your father and I have enough at the moment." Aiden shook his head, even though she couldn't see him.

"It's fine mam, let us treat you." A small huff was heard on the other end of the phone. "Anyway, I'm at an annual meeting, I'll talk to you soon."

"Alrighty, love you." Aiden gave his love as a goodbye and hung up, throwing Harlow his phone back.

"I'm looking forward to it," Ralph whispered into Aiden's ear as he snaked his arms around Aiden's waist. "Your mother has the best cooking."

Aiden chuckled. "Don't let Beaumont hear you say that." He moved around in Ralph's arms, there still wasn't much height between them but he looked up either way. "I love you." He reached up with his arms, hugging Ralph's neck. He loved doing this, he could play with his wedding ring whilst looking into his husband's eyes.

"I love you too, I'd hope you do." Ralph bent down, gently kissing Aiden. He felt the spark that still remained after all these years. "It's part of the promise we made after all."

The End

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH THIS SERIES!

I love and appreciate you all :D <3 

Keep an eye out on my page, because I've got something in the works that...well- I couldn't let go of Ralph, Aiden, Harlow, Karim...and so on that easily!!

I'll put the link in the comments and announce it when I publish it!

All the very best 

Nadine