Chapter 8 Fed Up

Chapter 8 Fed up

Harlow's POV

I was sitting next to Aiden as the rest of the pack were chatting away. The children were still talking about the chocolate that we had brought home. It was one of the first days where I felt happy, like there was something promising in the future. That didn't last for too long as Ralph burst into the living room. "Aiden, how long was your mother ill?"

We looked at him in shock and confusion. "She was made to go on the sick about four or five months ago." My brother trailed off. "Though it was a bit of a gradual thing." Ralph rubbed the back of his neck, the other hand on his hip.

"Well, we know Travis had a part in the poisoning. What actually made her ill?" The cluelessness was embarrassing as silence filled the room. We never really knew what it was. Nobody had a clue what it was.

"We don't know. Do you think Travis could have something to do with it?" Aiden moved forward on the settee. "That makes no sense." He shook his head. It really didn't make any sense at all. There would be no reason for them to poison our mother before Aiden knew anything about the wolf packs.

"Just another question for us to get answers to." I sighed and cracked my neck. It had been irritating me a lot more since finding out about the werewolves. Randall re-entered the room and sat next to me silently.

"We need to do something." Beaumont banged his head against the wall, much harder than I imagine he was anticipating since he winced and rubbed the back of his head. "We're sitting ducks right now."

Oran looked up at him with confusion. "No, we're sitting wolves. You're also not sitting." Poor child was so clueless as to why we all burst out laughing. Beaumont slid down the wall and held his arms out for Oran, who walked over and was pulled into a hug. "What?"

Beaumont shook his head. "Nothing. Don't worry about it." He kissed his son's head and didn't let go of him, Lowell joined them soon after. I jumped as a vibration came from the pocket of my jeans. I pulled it out to see the familiar name. I looked around before answering it, the room once again silent.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, not expecting any sort of repoly. "I really hope you're alright. I don't know what you're doing , how you're doing but." A vibration came from my phone as I was talking. I looked at it strangely and checked my messages.

Emi; monitored

I made a sound of acknowledgement "makes sense. Can I do anything?" I waited a few seconds for the text to come through .

Emi; not really, wish though.

I chuckled lightly. "I do wish I could do something to help you guys. You'd tell me if I could , yeah?" The time between walking and receiving a text was much longer this time.

Emi; Karim here, if we think about anything we'd tell you. Good to hear you're alright c:

I chuckled lightly with a smile starting to creep on my face. "You make sure you do alright? It's good to hear your voices as well. It's good to know you're here. Why didn't you do it earlier?" I couldn't help the curiosity which was itching at my throat.

Emi; She's bad at technology.

I nodded as I returned the phone back to my ear. "I've got a lot of questions." The vibration interrupted me. I was very tempted to put it on speaker but I didn't know if that affected how much the unwelcome ears could hear on the other side.

Emi; not a lot of time, she'd notice.

I bit my lip and sighed. "Yeah, I like to know you guys are alright. Don't know how on earth you're doing this successfully. Just don't get into trouble?" I said with one of my fists clenched.

Emi; she doesn't even know we have a SIM card :') take care Harlow, pack. Will hopefully be in touch soon.

"See you guys later." The beeps then came, signalling that they had hung up. Everyone was looking at me with curious eyes. "They're alright but they're being monitored. They say to take care and they'll be in touch." Their hopeful glances looked down towards the ground.

"We do have to do something." Ralph said firmly. "You're right. We're just sitting here and waiting for something to happen. We have to take some action." Some members of the pack nodded whilst others stood up to attention. "We need to take them by surprise. We have to do something they wouldn't expect."

Rhodes snorted slightly. "So unexpected we don't even see it coming." She said and crossed her arms. "What can we do? Attack the mansion?" Ralph shook his head but stopped and looked at her, a light gleaming in his eyes. "No."

"Yes." Moss said with a grin forming. "They wouldn't expect it. We've lost our closest allies but we haven't lost them all. We have to get to them before Travis does, then we can attack." A grin started to come to Moss' face as he went on.

"You shouldn't be that happy about it." Aiden laughed and shook his head. "Not a bad plan though. As long as we know we can trust these allies?" Eben cleared his throat and raised a hand slightly.

"I've been keeping tabs with our allies further in the south. That might be oru best shot." He suggested hopefully. "I don't think Travis or Liam would've reached out to them." Hollis snorted lightly.

"Liam never bothered with anyone past Darlington." Hollis shook his head lightly. "It's a shame really. I really like the ones in Middlesbrough." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How do you guys meet and stuff?" I said. "Do you guys have like werewolf conventions and things?" Aiden was the only one who laughed at my words, the others just looked slightly confused.

"We meet up now and again, talk about news and treaties. Sometimes we'll discuss what humans are doing and our attempts to stay away from them." Tempest said with a smirk on her face. "We'd have nothing to talk about during the next one."

"We'll have plenty. If we get invited again." Ralph shook his head. "Anyway, I'll go and send a message. Someone can teach me how the post office works." My brother and I looked at each other quickly. This will be fun.