Chapter 11 Time for School

Chapter 11 Time for school

Harlow's POV

Ralph was literally obsessed with Aiden's laptop, it was a little worrying when he put in the tracking number for about the fortieth time. We had all sworn to ourselves that we won't do this again. It took a while for him to be separated from the screen as he was claiming to just check to make sure it wasn't in Travis' hands. Other than this fiasco, it was a pretty normal day in the packhouse.

The next morning was very different, I was woken up early by my brother shaking ym shoulder. "Harlow, wake up. "I groaned and swatted at his hand. "You're going to school." I peeled my eyes open and stared at him.

"No." I then rolled over. I wasn't usually like this, I liked to get up early and have a good start to the day. I just really didn't want to go to school alone.

"Yes." He rolled me over so I fell off the settee. I glared up at him, who had a smirk on his face. "You've taken too much time off, you've lost your excuses now. As we said yesterday, you've got to go to school." I huffed and got up before stretching.

"How's this going to work?" I asked him curiously but he ignored me. He went into the kitchen whilst my shoulders just slumped and I went to get ready in my uniform, which has more creases in it then our settee which we've had for the past ten years or so. I put some effort into my appearance through making my hair seem as lively as it could. Nobody was awake when I went into the kitchen which was peculiar but I shrugged it off.

"What time is it?" I asked Aiden as I tried to stifle a yawn. He gestured towards the clock on the wall which read '5;23'. I stared at him with my eyes becoming sharper and sharper. "You woke me up at quarter past five?" He nodded, a smile trying to make its way across his face. "Why?"

"Like I said, school." He put a plate of toast in front of me and leant on the counter. "Beaumont and Rhodes are going to be going on their morning walk soon and taking you to school, with Randall too." I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering when he had figured this all out.

That's exactly what happened. We left the house at about quarter past six. It was still somewhat dark outside as we left, we had to hold onto each other and use a torch to be able to see. It probably would've been a smarter idea to hold onto the wolves but I didn't voice my opinion.

"See you guys soon." I waved to them before I walked into the school alone. My tutor gave me a sympathetic look but scolded me for my many absences. I shrugged it off lightly and mumbled some sort of apology under my breath. I was looking down at my work when I felt someone move beside me. I looked up to see a very familiar head of brown hair.

"Emi?" I looked at her with confusion. She just grinned at me and held her arms out. "How?" The confusion was all over my features. I was a little bit speechless as I looked her up and down, looking for any signs of injury.

"School is very important for human parents." She rolled her eyes. "Apparently anyway. They still don't know that Dean works here, Travis didn't tell them. He's been helping us keep our wolves and such active and it's been going well." I shook my head slightly.

"No, how didn't I know?" I moved forward in my seat. "You said your phone was being monitored? How about everything else your parents don't know about? My second account? Your several other accounts-" I started to ramble on.

"Yeah- I don't really know what they know there." She shifted uncomfortably. "I had to tell them most of my email addresses and passwords so they could see some of them. I don't know what's attached to which and I thought it was better safe than sorry." Her voice got a little bit high at the end which caused me to narrow my eyes at her. "Honest."

"I'll take it." Tutor began as it usually did, the rest of the school day went by in a flash before it came to the last period, biology. Dean seemed surprised but happy when he saw me enter the classroom.

"Harlow!" He smiled and gave me a pat on the back. "Good to see you're back, I guess that means there's some good news?" I couldn't help the smile growing on my face.

"She should be out by next week." He smiled and nodded before heading back over to his desk and started the lesson. Emi glanced at me from the corner of her eye with a hurt expression. I hadn't mentioned much to her. I didn't know if there could possibly be a microphone or anything there. I just wanted to be safe, I wanted my family to be safe.

"Meet me in the drama cube after school." She hissed at me. I flinched slightly at her tone but nodded nevertheless. She seemed a little bit more relaxed now that I had agreed. We didn't learn much in the lesson, since it was so close to our exams. We were just doing revision to things that we had learnt earlier in the year. I had a big feeling of dread throughout the entire class, this was what school was going to be like until christmas and I couldn't be bothered.

"This way." Emi dragged me to the other side fo the school by my shirt sleeve,despite my protests that the toilet was the other way. She tried to drag me up the stairs but I quickly took her hand away from my shirt with a slight glare.

"We aren't doing the dragging thing." She opened her mouth to protest but shook her head and started to rush up the stairs. I went at a normal human pace, one which wouldn't leave me gasping for breath at the top, and followed after her.

"Why did you want to come up here?" I asked as we entered the hallway, it wasn't really a hallway. It was just another unnecessary door. "What's happening?" She shushed me and pushed me into the dark drama cube. "Oh I'm going to kill you." I muttered under my breath as I tried to focus on something in the dark.

"I'm not too sure about that." I heard a familiar deep voice say in front of me before I was engulfed in a hug. I tensed up slightly but relaxed when the familiar scent of the forest filled my senses.

"Karim."