Chapter 3 - Forgiveness

Chapter 3 – Forgiveness

Kenai yawned as she decided it was probably time for her to go out and make something to eat. There wasn't much food left, after the three of them had gotten into it, so she wanted to make sure there was actually something left over for her.

She dried herself off, and started getting dressed when the bathroom door opened abruptly, making her stop halfway through doing up the clasps on her bra and stare blankly towards the bewildered man in the doorway.

Uchiha Itachi stood with a dumbstruck expression and his jaw dropped slightly as he realised his mistake. He had been so caught up in his thoughts he hadn't even thought to check for a presence in the bathroom before entering. There was no lock on the door, so it couldn't really be helped. Mentally, he cursed his own stupidity, but appreciated the scene before him.

Kenai was only wearing a pair of deep red underwear and she was doing up a simple black bra and he looked to her face before guessing that he might have been staring at her for a good few seconds now. He expected her to look furious, but she seemed almost amused and huffed lightly before doing up her last clasp and speaking to him.

"Maybe knock first next time, gorgeous." she chuckled silently at the look on Itachi's face and didn't worry about his mistake.

"S-sorry." he stuttered before shutting the door and heading straight towards the living room, where Kisame had just vacated, going outside to train.

The minimally dressed woman watched the door shut and laughed at the genius who she could have sworn blushed a little as he looked her up and down, getting quite an eyeful of her after she had just bathed. If it was Kisame, she probably would have smacked him upside the head that hard it wasn't funny, but she couldn't bring herself to scold the Uchiha when he just looked so damn hilarious as he realised what he'd done.

She took her time, giving him a bit of a chance to get over it, guessing that he would feel pretty stupid for walking in on her, and by the time she came out, she saw him sleeping on the lounge in the living room...

"You willfollow me, Itachi. You have no choice." the dark figure said, their malice radiating out towards the blood-covered man who was barely able to keep himself together.

He was right. There was no other choice. This way, he would know what was happening around Konoha, because of the Kyuubi jinchuriki living in Konoha. He would be able to hear of his brother's fate, and would do everything he could to protect him from his distanced-front.

As his blood soaked hands still shook, like they had been for the last week, he looked up to see the Sharingan eye through the single-hole in the mask, the tell-tale sign of an Uchiha. This one however, was no ordinary Uchiha, let alone an ordinary man. And Itachi hated everything about him. He could barely stand to stoop to the level he would be reduced to, but there was nothing else he could do.

Dark, murderous chakra flared out and he braced himself instinctively...

"Itachi, for fuck's sake. Wake up!" a female voice shouted in front of his face as they shook his body.

Without even thinking, he opened his eyes to reveal the Mangekyo Sharingan and grabbed the person's throat before throwing them against the nearest wall, pining them to said wall with all his weight and strength.

After a minute, the shock wore off and he focused on exactly what was going on around him. He saw a dark-haired woman standing before him, looking very pissed off and her chakra was bubbling in her body and swirling around her with malicious intent, ready to destroy the person holding her so tightly around her throat she could barely breathe.