Chapter 2 - We All Bleed

Chapter 2 – We All Bleed

Itachi awoke out of his light slumber as Kenai walked into the room, walking straight past him to go out the front door, wearing a pair of small black shorts that covered only half of her thighs, and a small red tank top but she was wearing her boots, and even though he had the self-control of a monk, it had been a while since he had even seen a woman dressed in such little clothing.

She didn't spare him a glance, and he decided it was probably time for him to get up, ignoring the previous sight. He stretched carefully and wandered towards the front door, wondering what Kenai was doing outside. He approached the front door, which had been left open, no doubt to air out the place and saw her standing in the small clearing at the front of the small shack, breathing deeply.

Itachi watched intensely as she began to do a few different kata, no doubt to stretch out and start off the day. She purposely exaggerated the moves and used the space around her, and started to get a little more intense as the minutes past.

Kenai knew she was being watched, but tuned it out, just concentrating on the task at hand. It had been a while since she had a good sparring session, mostly because she tried to avoid fighting as much as possible and she always warmed up in the morning with kata. She could feel the piercing red and black gaze of the Uchiha in the doorway, and it was starting to distract her a little too much.

She turned around abruptly, stopping right in the middle of a movement, breaking them both out of their almost trance like state. For lack of not really knowing what to say, Kenai didn't want to make it awkward, but she figured it would make her feel pretty good to have the chance, and spoke up so she could be heard properly.

"Instead of watching me, why don't you join me?" she said, and ignored the few weird images that popped in her head as soon as she said it.

The man didn't seem to notice, or just didn't show it, and removed his Akatsuki cloak, leaving it on the counter just inside the door, stepped down and walked over to her, facing off a few metres away.

"Just taijutsu. And no Sharingan. I'm horrible with genjutsu." she watched as he minutely raised an eyebrow as if to say 'It stays on' and rolled her eyes before taking a fighting stance.

These moments were always exciting in the life of a shinobi. Going up against someone you knew was powerful, but you weren't sure just howpowerful compared to yourself. Eyes darted around and over each others bodies, looking for signs of attack such as muscles flexing but neither one moved.

Kenai was almost certain that Itachi's heart would be racing as fast as her own, just the thought of fighting an S-class shinobi tended to arouse the warrior inside. She didn't want to stand there for any longer, so she decided to make the first move. With most of her speed, she appeared behind him and swung her leg towards his gut, but that Sharingan saw it coming and he sent a fist in her direction and she just barely dodged it in time to regain balance as he sent another assault in her direction.

Over and over again, he caught her and she either had to block or dodge, barely being able to keep up. She knew that this would be a hard-fought battle, but she was having so much fun, she couldn't stop smiling. Itachi was smirking faintly, telling her that he was enjoying this too and she decided to kick it up a notch.

Using her full-speed, she started using the best taijutsu combinations she had in her arsenal and Itachi was forced to defend himself a few times, before he quickly gained the upper hand again, and forced Kenai back into a tree were he pinned her against it, his smirk quite clearly visible now.

"Fuckin' Sharingan." she chuckled and grinned darkly at him before using his own weight against him as she manoeuvred them around so Itachi would be pinned to the tree, taking him by surprise.